New to Jubail- Need some Info

Hello All,

I got an offer to work in MAADEN and stay in Jubail. They are paying 13500-14000 SAR per month (including house rent allowance). I wanted to know whether the mentioned salary is sufficient to work and stay in Jubail.

a) What will be the rent for 1 BHK house per month ?
b) Cost of regular food and mode of transportation ?
c) Any place for extra activities like GYM / Sports / Swimming / music ?
d) how much time it will take to get the IKAMA and GCC driving license ?
e) what young people usually do in weekends (like travelling to bahrain or any other activities)

Hi friend!

Welcome in Saudi Arabia :)

Based on your questions please review the following answers:-

a) The rent start from 1200 - 2500 S.R depend on the location and if it has furniture or not.

b) Cost of food depends on you eating habits my dear  :D , if you are restaurant's good customer expect to spend 50 - 75 S.R per day, If you are a good cooker will save a lot. 

c) You will find all this kind of places.

d) IKAMA should take one week at minimum and it also depends on your company's HR strenght, after holding the IKAMA you can issue your driving licence within one week more but you should pass the exams from the first trial ;) and also you must have a driving license from your original country or you will have to enroll in the driving school for ONE month  :(

e) Travelling to Bariran is a good way to break the routine, coming here to Khobar also is a good choice

Hope my answers fit with your expectations

Regards,

Ahmed

Thankx for the information dude...It really helps a lot to get information before going to Jubail.

Can you pls advise the possible ways of transfering money to other bank accounts (outside saudi arabia)
and the transaction charges for NEFT to other bank accounts.

Thanks in advance.

MoneyMart or western union or local banks which charge the lowest (you need to open an account which is free) transfer will cost around $15 per transfer

thankx again for information.
I just got to know that after arriving at Saudi arabia, the employer/company shall take our passport on their custody.
I am doubtful about the process. Without passport, How are we going to roam in their country and how can be travel t obahrain. Pls help.

Also, The Visa that has been stamped is only for 90 days validity. I want to check the authentication of the Visa and other services associoted with it. Pls suggest..

vickyr019 wrote:

thankx again for information.
I just got to know that after arriving at Saudi arabia, the employer/company shall take our passport on their custody.
I am doubtful about the process. Without passport, How are we going to roam in their country and how can be travel t obahrain. Pls help.

Also, The Visa that has been stamped is only for 90 days validity. I want to check the authentication of the Visa and other services associoted with it. Pls suggest..

Yeah , Saudi Employer takes the passport !
You don't need the passport to move inside Saudi Arabia , because you have "Iqama - Residence Permit "

Whenever you want to travel out of Saudi , the employer will give you the passport , don't worry ;)

Visa will be only 90 days because after you arrive , you will get the Iqama and work permit and there is no use of that visa :)

What do you mean by authentication of Visa  :unsure  , didn't you get it directly from the Embassy of Saudi Arabia :/
If you do want to authenticate , visit the consulate located in New Delhi :)

Cheers , anything else , feel free to ask !

Thankx for your reply dude...

a) I recieved my Visa from a consultant which has been hired by the employer. So,to be in a safe side, I want to verify that the visa is a genuine and authenticated one. Any way to check the same??

b) Is the iqama enough to travel to bahrain during weekends. I will stay in jubail.

Thankx in advance...

vickyr019 wrote:

Thankx for your reply dude...

a) I recieved my Visa from a consultant which has been hired by the employer. So,to be in a safe side, I want to verify that the visa is a genuine and authenticated one. Any way to check the same??

b) Is the iqama enough to travel to bahrain during weekends. I will stay in jubail.

Thankx in advance...

Not sure about how you can verify , but do check with the consulate in Delhi , they will assist you about the visa !

I clearly mentioned , "If you want to travel out of Saudi Arabia , Passport is must , whenever you wanna go to Bahrain , your employer will give the passport to you :)

One bed rate in normal building 20000
This is without gym
no other facility
transport is much expensive
schooling is poor
grosery rates higher
household items exp.
13000 sr enough if u keep family in home country
iqama comes from one wk wk to 3 months

Dear Vicky,

A. You can verify your VISA by reading the information given on your VISA verify below mentioned information.

1. Name of the issuing Company.
2. VISA No and Validity.
3. Your details including your passport No. at the bottom of the VISA.

B. Visiting to Bahrain.

This is clearly depend on your VISA Category, if your VISA comes under professional category ( VP,CEO, GM, Doctor, Accountant, Engineer etc ) then you will allow to visit Bahrain on the Arrival VISA. But if your VISA category is of labor ( Blue Collar ) then I have doubt your will allow or not.

Secondly your company has to issue you the Exit Re-entry VISA of Saudi Govt. to Exit Saudi and enter in Bahrain unless this VISA you will not allow to exit from the Saudi Arabia. You cannot enter Bahrain base on only your passport, this VISA is must as you are living and working in Saudi Arabia. Finally its depend on your company who will issue you the Exit VISA.

Once you get Iqama ( Depend on HR Team ), then you doesn't need your passport to carry always with you. As Iqama is the residence permit which you need to carry all the time with you.

Hope you got answers to your questions.

Hey Everybody,

What's up !! Anyone interested for  something sporty and adventurous...I am looking for people for Desert camping or Road trip or diving or any private party in compounds. This can help us to stay alive and awake in this desert city.

Hope to get some positive responses.