Tourist Visa

Hi! I'm new here. I'm from the Philippines. I wanna go to Dhaka soon. I don't have any tourist visa yet. I already checked the Bangladesh Embassy Website:
http://bangladeshembassymanila.org/cons … irements/.

I have just 2 questions:
1. Do I have to purchase round trip tickets first before applying for a visa?
2. What's the cheapest plane ticket to purchase from Philippines to Dhaka, Bangladesh?

I really need help on this guys. Hope you will give me a even just a little idea.

Have a nice day! :)

sent your email address after i sent information,

Hi nuhacon :) My email address is [email protected].

OK you go to embassy of Bangladesh here to you apply for visa I am sure you get visa.

nuhacon wrote:

sent your email address after i sent information,

@ Nuhacon > It would be great if you can give some information here on the forum instead of communicating by email, as there may be some other members looking for the same information.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks for your anticipation.

judiann123 wrote:

Hi! I'm new here. I'm from the Philippines. I wanna go to Dhaka soon. I don't have any tourist visa yet. I already checked the Bangladesh Embassy Website:
http://bangladeshembassymanila.org/cons … irements/.

I have just 2 questions:
2. What's the cheapest plane ticket to purchase from Philippines to Dhaka, Bangladesh?

I really need help on this guys. Hope you will give me a even just a little idea.

Have a nice day! :)

Guys, the reason I wasn't able to visit BD embassy because it's in the other island. It's costly just to go there and ask then go back to my place and then come back again for the application process. I've been calling the embassy several times already but no one's picking up the phone. I sent them emails too.

A fellow member here in expat-blog told me that there's no direct flight from Philippines to Bangladesh. Tourist visa single entry cost Php 2,500, Php 5,000 for multiple entry. Round trip ticket is needed before tourist visa application. Rough estimate for round trip ticket is USD 750 - 1,300 (that's at least 5 months ahead of the departure date). Take note that even though, you have bought the ticket already there is still no assurance that you will get your application approved.

I'm still interested to visit BD though. Maybe these coming days I will visit the embassy.

If there's anyone who can give me tips regarding this matter please post it here (or send it to me via message). I will appreciate it :)

Thank you :D

If you need any information than i am also give you.
Thanks for your comments.
Best Regards
Nuha Consortium
Bangladesh

Hi Judiann123,

Great to hear that you want to visit Dhaka, Bangladesh. In case you're planning to stay long for good just some points to ponder, generally Bangladeshis are good and hardworking but not culturally perfect as same with our country or other countries. There are also bad people who influencing good people which somehow affect to the image of the country. Their country is culturally rich and there are also unspoiled beautiful places to visit but too far to travel though.

As for your queries below:
As per their requirement it is necessary. However if you have personally knew travel agency that can give you round trip booking reservation with stated itinerary (say Manila-HK-Dhaka and vice versa) without shelling out a penny until your tourist visa has been issued, then that would be great. Otherwise, you have to get get the ticket and paid upfront  :) . But it is good to clarify it again to Bangladesh Embassy there in Manila as there might be some relaxation on the issuance of tourist visa.

2. What's the cheapest plane ticket to purchase from Philippines to Dhaka, Bangladesh?  Since there's no direct flight from Philippines to Bangladesh, one of the cheapest is Dragon Air through Cathay Pacific (Manila - HK - Dhaka). On the way back is the same but there's an stop over at Kathmandu, Nepal before proceeding to HK-Manila flight.

In addition you have to secure an invitation letter from your sponsor and that sponsor should write a letter to Embassy that certain you is being invited to come over here in Bangladesh for this and that purpose. For complete listing of requirement, please see below:

TOURIST (T) VISA

-Notarized Original Request letter from the sponsor address to Embassy

-Copy of the sponsors passport pages 1-5 if Bangladeshi or copy of the sponsors passport valid Visa, work permit and work contract.

-Roundtrip Air ticket, Hotel reservation and bank Certificate

-Employment certificate with leave given

source:http://bangladeshembassymanila.org/

Good luck!

Hi dofinders! Thank you for your sincere response. 

I'm planning to have a short vacation in Bangladesh for a week or two. If I find the country good, then I might come back and stay longer. I've been reading a lot already regarding the country and it's not so enticing, I believe that the best way to know the truth and appreciate beauty is to see and experience it by myself.

I have questions that I wanted to ask you(regarding Filipinos in Bangladesh) but I will reserve it in the future. I have to visit the embassy first.

Your suggestions are very helpful. Salamat :)

Hi,
You should be able to get a Visa on Arrival, which I think costs about US$50 for a 30 day visa (not sure about whether you need to have a return ticket).

As for flights from the Philippines to Dhaka, no, there are no direct flights. I fly from Dhaka to Manila 3 or 4 times per year, and generally fly via either Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific / Dragon Air), or Kuala Lumpur (Malaysian Airlines), as these routes are the shortest in terms of layover, but they are also not very cheap (around $850 return). You will find plenty of cheaper flights with the budget airlines such as Air Asia, Tiger Air etc., but they will most likely involve long layovers in KL, Singapore. Bangkok etc.

hi
plz find the details that u need to arrange before apply for visa-

1. Barangay/Police/NBI Clearance (any one)

2. Photocopy of Passport (Information Page)

3. passport size recent photograph with white background
4. Notarized Original Request letter from the sponsor address to Embassy

5. Copy of the sponsors passport pages 1-5 if Bangladeshi or copy of the sponsors passport valid Visa, work permit and work contract.

6. Roundtrip Air ticket, Hotel reservation and bank Certificate

7. Employment certificate with leave given

any more info u need to choose hotel or anything? here i am doing job in a company that engaged with textile industry. trying to help you as a guest...welcome here...

thanks

Please i need a company that will give me letter for my business visa,i am a nigeria but have uae resident,bangaldesh embassy requested letter from any company from bangaldesh,please can anyone help me with any good garment maunfacture company details and number so can i can go for letter from them..your contribution is highly needed.thank you

ya u need return ticket .jet airways will cheap for u..

Hi Judy,

I am coming to Philippines to open a business. I am looking to make friends. I learned that you want to visit Bangladesh. I can help you out. Which city do you live in?