Turban Wearing Sikhs in Riyadh

All,

I will be in Riyadh on Work-Visit visa  and meeting members in IT sector on a daily basis. Is there any reason i should opt out of the opportunity? I have been doing lot of search and have not found any info on turban wearing sikhs in RIyadh. My Queries are:

1. Are there any urban wearing sikhs in Riyadh
2. WIll i face problems at airports?
3. Will i face problem travelling to and fro home to work

Thanks in advance.

Hello Sikhguy,

There a a few turbun wearing sikhs I have seen around, every body takes them very normally and knows it is a part of a dress from the Indian sub continent. People take it as more of ethnic and cultural rather than a religious decorum.

You may face some odd gazes in remote areas where the residents may never have met a sikh gentleman before but I believe it is normal, I will assure you no one will ever approach you and ask you about it!

I am sure with in a few weeks you will not even be thinking about the turban..

Hi brither ..

sorry but what do you mean by " sikhs "?? Is this religion if I understand well ?
and your quastion if there are any problem in you wear tredational clothes of sikhs??
hope I can help you :)

Hello Amer031.

Kindky go to Google and search for 'Sikh_turban'

You will get all the answers.

@Sikh Guy: I've seen a lot of Sardars wearing turbans in Dammam. Riyadh will be no different in this aspect..

Hi SikhGuy,

I hope you were able to get answers to your queries. I am also a sikh going to travel to Dammam for shorter duration, can you please share your findings with me as well.

Thanks.

Hi Bro @ Sikh guy,
R u in Riyadh yet? I reached here this week-with my family. Let me know if you need any help.
Ajit

Don't choose for comming to Saudi Arabia my dear amritdhaari sikhi friends coz there is full torture for us during immigration check in airport we would b forced to remove our turban as we'll as hairs the same pic will b feeded in our residence permit here its my worst experience I had and i wanted to file a complaint but dsnt kno we're to file...

SSA  Veer ji tussi kitthe rehnda ho in saudi

Ssa bro, I m in riyadh (dirriyah)

WJKK WJKF bro can u share ur wats up number or mobile number iam in Dammam..

sikhnet guy wrote:

WJKK WJKF bro can u share ur wats up number or mobile number iam in Dammam..

Please use the PM system to send personal contact details. It is not safe to post any personal contact details on an open forum.
Thank you.

text me bro on face book lucky win DP is a man sitting with hat stating lonely without u.... there we can share our contact no need to worry abt this coz its not my personell id its one of my friends id in india iam using

Hey Guys,

I keep frequenting Saudi and I have never faced problems at airport. Just once I was asked last month if removing turban would be a problem, and if its religious. And I replied yes to both queries, so the officer was understanding and he too smiled and let me go without any problems.

WJKK WJKF - Guys I'm flying out to Riyadh in the next few weeks for work. Would it be possible to get your contact details I'm staying in Qurtubah, Riyadh 13244

Sat sri akal veerji
My company is planning to send me to Riyadh for 4-5 days
Wanted to ask
- Can i wear Kirpan?
- what things to take care?
- Is it safe there?

singh92 wrote:

WJKK WJKF - Guys I'm flying out to Riyadh in the next few weeks for work. Would it be possible to get your contact details I'm staying in Qurtubah, Riyadh 13244

Veerji how was your trip?
Any inputs or findings will be appreciated?

Hiar2, welcome to the forum, however, this is a rather old thread. These members haven't connected since years now. You should probably start a thread of your own. You might get some responses from other members.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Veerji,

I was in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain and Dubai for 3 years. Travelling between countries every 2 weeks.

I always wore dastaar in public / airports. I never faced any discrimination when at checks or customs. I don't wear a kirpaan I don't think Saudi will allow you to board a plane with it.  In Dubai you may wear a small kirpaan and it has to be under your clothes.

There is a website called Kirpaan.com that lets you search a country and tells your results.

It is safe, During the period i was there I had no issue with locals / police. Obviously don't do anything to draw attention to yourself or offend anyone.

Thanks a ton veerji

Noted with thanks

Ssa i visiting saudi riyadh pl share ur exp

Hi All, I am a turbaned Sikh and am planning to move to Riyadh with my family, i am in process of getting an offer from one of the large private sector company in Riyadh.

One of my concern in how easy/difficult is it for a Sikh man living in Riyadh and my 5 year old boy who wears a dastar? Will be great, If anyone living in Riyadh with their families can respond

Hi

I am in riyadh/SA currently if you need any info let me know

will you be able to share your contact details so that i can get in touch with you?