You've just moved to a city in the Philippines, would you...

Here's the situation I'm seeing myself confronted with next May:
I'm moving to Manila next year, so I've been thinking about one of the biggest struggles I have in a new environment: Making friends. So I asked myself "wouldn't it be great to have an online platform (app/website) to make new friends, based on your location and interests." and came to the conclusion that there's nothing like it for the Philippines/Asia.

The idea is similar to meetup.com in the sense that you have an interest, so you meet people with the same interests - with the exception that it's not fixed to certain dates or groups. You are interested in having a gym buddy? Set gym as one of your interests and find people who are nearby, looking for a gym buddy and get notified about people who are new in your area. Or find a running, cooking or dance buddy - you name it.

Now here's where you come in. Does this idea sound like something you'd appreciate? Would you use an app or website that offers these services? I'd be very grateful for any feedback :).

Some what.  I have found it best to do some , not all business with those in walking distance.  Then they look after you as you are not a stranger.  It is nice to meet people with the same interest here. Gives you things to talk about and do together. I had no problem making friends here. By getting out and meeting people.  Once they made up there mind I was all right. They were very helpful.

Hello AndreasGalster!  :cheers:

A website is a great tool to make friends around you, and this is exactly what Expat.com tends  to do! Just browse through the forum and you shall find expats around you, or place your adverts in our classifieds section and meet people having the same interest as you ;)

Regards
Kenjee

[moderated: inappropriate comment]

Hi...helo we're u staying in Malaysia.?

I'm staying here in Malaysia at the momment

Where in Manila are you from? Try wechat, you can search through people from nearby areas, it tracks your location and search people using the same app that are within that location. But it doesn't have any options to browse thru based on interests or hobbies. You can try meetup.com and join a group based on location, interests and hobbies.