Filipino expatriates who have chosen Malta as their second home

Malta is a multicultural country where Filipinos are looked upon as very trustworthy individuals who find it very easy to integrate to Maltese culture. Most Filipinos are employed as personal care workers, nannies, domestic cleaners, butlers and housekeepers. They are reliable, clean and work with a smile on their face. Filipinos are Catholic and family-oriented in their vast majority like many Maltese, and a number of marriages between Filipinos and Maltese nationals have taken place over the past two decades. Most Filipinos are satisfied with the wage they earn in Malta and many have arrangements with their employer for free food and lodging. They sends their earnings back to the Philippines to help their families.

However, one word of caution. Some Filipinos are known to have been subjected to a wide range of abuses in Malta by a few unscrupulous employers and by certain known individual Filipino nationals living in Malta. These Filipinos put other Filipinos in a precarious situation by demanding large payments for them for helping them obtain a job and even threaten that they have the power to stop them from work and send them back to their country. Never give in to these threats. It is illegal according to Maltese Law to demand exorbitant fees for helping a foreigner obtain employment and in the past individuals who have abused in this way were arraigned in court by the Police.

There are a number of recognised and accredited Filipino Organisations that have been set up in Malta to help Filipino expatriates, who have chosen this country as their second home, in any social and economic concern that they may have. I, too, would be willing to give my wholehearted assistance to any Filipino or Filipina who may need it.

Hi Charmer,

I'm a Filipino, planning to visit Malta this July 2015. I hope you can help me to find place where I can meet Filipinos or I guess a place where they usually gather.

Thanks

hi everyone... good day ... im planning to apply work in this country..  sombody  can help.me

hi charmer...  are there some companies offer sponsor jobs.. how can apply with them

mayamabz wrote:

hi charmer...  are there some companies offer sponsor jobs.. how can apply with them

You have replied to a post from 2014!  You need to start a new topic.