New to turkey

I am a new member interested to get  some help about turkey istanbul ,
i would like to have an overview about turkey, things that one should know and things to be aware of.
can someone give me some help and advice :)

My dear,
Hi,
I beleive that there is nothing to feaar, just be nice to others cause almost every body is nice herer. just don't break the law, buy a map, and try to go in 500m circule-round your place so that you'll not loose the way and be able to controll your day by day journy, dont take more than 25 Tl, each time you go to avoide purchasing tempting. try to approuch others by enternet, dont let your self feels lonely. spend enough time in surching for a job.
This is what I've got in mind to share you, and i'm willing to help whenever you feel need it.
Good luck
Roland

I'll never finish writing if I start. ..
There are a lot of things you should know
But I wish the best for you and my fast advice
Learn Turkish
And the opposite don't be nice
Buy istanbul card for transportation and write your destination on paper to learn
If you want make an international call just go to an office or buy card don't use the public phones
I don't want go more deep but these can help u

Thanks alot really. ..
I can imagine you have alot of things you would like to tell me.. I appreciate alot..

Hi Roland
I would like to thank you.  Sincerely all of you are helping me quite a lot.  My plan is not to live in Istanbul for a long time but to meet my boyfriend and get married in turkey. Although my boyfriend is syrian.
Thanks again
Regards
Marylou