Hi Everyone
My wife and I have bought a house on Mele Bay and are currently renting it out.
We will take possession in Jan 2015 and be able to spend long holidays (pre-retirement) and rent as holiday/short term at other periods.
On one of our recent visits we were most distressed to hear that people on long work contracts do not take their pets when they leave.Apparently it is easy to bring your pets into Vanuatu but a very expensive option to move them to Aust or NZ.
Also we were surprised to learn that most expats with children entering high school are choosing to return to Aust as the local options are not up to standard or a far too expensive.
Does anyone have thought or experience of these matters.
regards to all
KEVIN

Hi Kevn,

Yes, we are also concerned about this very same issue. We were also told that the French Education system is by far better but not really an option for our Aussie kids.  So what do we do if we have High schoolers at home ??

Where abouts is the house n Mele, is it close to Charmaine's at Vanuatu Kayaks? Nice spot.

Regards,

Marie G

hi Marie
We have house in Ranch De la Colle next to golf course.

You have the choice of the International School but pretty pricy you can check their web site for pricing.
Correspondence may work but post is ridiculously slow...new meaning to snail mail,  don't rely on using the internet as its pretty slow island time gains a whole new meaning..Depending on finances home tutoring is a possibility as a number of expat teachers are living in Vanuatu.
Only thing I can suggest is ask lots & lots of questions as the experience of having to leave once settled is not good at all.
Lucky for us our 3 girls have all finished High School and last 1 is in 2nd year Uni.

Good luck in your endeavor, but please... please ask lots of questions before you finally commit.
Paradise awaits but there are some trade offs.

regards
Kevin