Partner of PhD student

hi all,

i am a partner of phd program candidate at university of Auckland. My wife is a full scholarship student from collaboration between our goverment and UOA NZ. she will start the program on sept '14 during about 3.5-4 years. I and our son shall join her on Dec '14. I still confused about my job over there. i have experience for more than 15 years in industrial manufacturing, such as metal packaging, food and beverages and also furniture on several managerial level. Currently i do self employment as management consultant and trainer, beside as guest lecturer in the state university of Malang. If any ideas and suggest for my jobs in Auckland? Thank you very much for your help and kind attention.

regards,
Moesti

masmuzt wrote:

hi all,

i am a partner of phd program candidate at university of Auckland. My wife is a full scholarship student from collaboration between our goverment and UOA NZ. she will start the program on sept '14 during about 3.5-4 years. I and our son shall join her on Dec '14. I still confused about my job over there. i have experience for more than 15 years in industrial manufacturing, such as metal packaging, food and beverages and also furniture on several managerial level. Currently i do self employment as management consultant and trainer, beside as guest lecturer in the state university of Malang. If any ideas and suggest for my jobs in Auckland? Thank you very much for your help and kind attention.

regards,
Moesti

Welcome to the forum
To get work you will need a visa.  I suggest you check out www.immigration.govt.nz and see what visa type you need and get the process underway. 
For jobs check out www.seek.co.nz
For cost of living www.numbeo.com
For salary expectations www.payscale.com

Well best would be just come over here and do the market research yourself.. No one can asses your skills
on your behalf and market if different for diff diff places.. Auckland job market is diff. than others and same for
other places.

Still in any case I do not see any reason why you should not be able to get a job.. "Sonner or Later"
Still have a search for your kind of jobs in Seek and Tradme ,,, If there are enough jobs then you will
land to something for sure..

cheers