Good accessible area's to live

I'm currently looking to move and retire to CM and was looking for good/safe areas to live. I'm looking for locations with good transport links , thats if the house are outside the city limits.
I'll be in CM in August and would check the areas you tell me to look at , willing to pay up too 30000 bt.

Take care to have your own transport like motor cycle or car... it will make life easier and more exciting!

yeoman1 wrote:

I'm currently looking to move and retire to CM and was looking for good/safe areas to live. I'm looking for locations with good transport links , thats if the house are outside the city limits.
I'll be in CM in August and would check the areas you tell me to look at , willing to pay up too 30000 bt.

Yeoman

A little free advice, up to you whether you take it or leave it. 30,000 baht is a huge amount for rent even in select areas of Bangkok. There are plenty of sharks in CM who would love to relieve you of your hard earned cash. We even get a few on here, wolf in sheeps clothing types if you get my drift.

Decent properties can be had a fraction of the amount you mention.

My advice is to arrive here, book a hotel for a couple of nights to get over the jet lag, then find a longer term guest house for a month or so. They all do deals for long stayers. Then get out and about and see some properties first hand. If you have a Thai friend so much the better but if not its still doable.

Good luck.

Cheers mate for the advise , I'll do that .

@thetefldon Give good advise again.

When you know what area you might want to rent a place, go see the area, Morning, midday, evening time.
Check the area for shop, see if it all you going to need.
Sit down at the shop and eat, drink and talk to the local, they tell you bad and good about the area.

When time come for rent a place, be sure to use someone you "Trust" to help with the contract if it is only in Thai (All my contract have)
Be sure you pay Water and Power direct to the company, so the landlord don´t charge you 2-3 timer more pr unite, many like to do this.
Be sure to ask and find out, do the place have Cable tv, can you chose local cable tv , true cable or other.
Can you put up a sat. disk for TV.
Can you get a land line for internet.

Of-cause only if you need that :-)