Rollerblading in Kuwait?

I know this may seem like a silly question, but what are the sidewalks like in Kuwait? I ask because I rollerblade pretty much everywhere (weather permitting) in Edmonton and would like to bring my blades to Kuwait... but if the roads and sidewalks are in really bad repair then its pretty dangerous to attempt rollerblading, as I learned in South Korea... I don't want to use up much needed space in my suitcase for my rollerblades if I'm never going to use them... thoughts?
Thanks,
Marina

hello,
There are areas where you can roller blade. There is a roller blading rink but you don't need to get your blades with you cuz they provide them there. the streets and the sidewalks are in very good shape. the thing is, the side walk usually has patterns on it which will make it a bumpy ride for you. I have seen kids rollerblading and skateboarding by the sea side but I didn't really pay attention to the ground.
There is also another area near marina mall where you can skateboard and i guess roller blade. it is made for that. but i am not sure if you have to pay to enter or is it free..

I hope this could help.
;)

Hi Marina,
I like rollerblading as well and used to rollerblade on the coast from Marina Mall to Scientific Centre, it is a pretty good ride..If it is part of your life then you should bring them with you. However it is very hard to rollerblade in summer as it is extremely hot. Maybe in the evening or early morning.. Hope this note is of help.
Take care and good luck
Jda

Hello,

It really depends on which area you will be living.. i will speak honestly for a woman rollerblading alone anywhere except a short distance in Salmiya will be a terrible experience for you. Not to mention they drive like maniacs here.. Just being honest..

Thanks for the replies :)

@ Tchill: I'm not really that concerned about being a "woman rollerblading alone"... I mean, if its not safe for me to rollerblade alone, then its not safe for me to walk alone, or bike-ride alone or take a bus alone etc... Regardless, I will have to take care of myself and practice common sense... thanks for mentioning that though.. I will try and stick to safer areas...

I think I will bring them... rollerblading by the water sounds so nice...

Thanks!

I am also new here. But Kuwait does not seem too bad to live. Sure there are many problems but i guess it exists everywhere. Rollerblading is defintely a no no in summer unless u want to die of a heat stroke.

Actually, all those other things you named.. You probaly don't want to do those alone as well..Arab men can make it VERY uncomfotable here for women.. But hey! you will see..

Good Luck..

There are places where you can go for Rollerblading like the sidewalks near the ocean near the malls and such.
In the 'city' and suburbs, uh, nope, wouldn't do that.
The way people drive here, I really wouldn't suggest the roads and sidewalks are close to non-existent.

Ah, just now read changed-me's comment :)

@Changed me
Can you tell me where that rink is?

@Marina
When do you get here?

I'll be arriving last week of August :)

Cool :D

So how has it worked out for you?

oregnongirl u do know this post is 3 years old right?

Yup so I thought the people who talked about it would already have experience with it and could fill me in, lol. Course they may have already moved on from Kuwait and this forum but it's worth a shot.

pavement here is not concrete slab all over; its the tetris like pavement, so mostly you'd best stick to marina crescent side where the pavement is designed for blading.

Okay cool! Thanks :)

@changed_me:
where is this rink where they provide skates !!?

and where can I shop for skates here?
I'm looking for brands like K2, Rollerblades, RollerDerby, ...

I need help!

Hello,

I was walking on the gulf the other day and saw so many people (children and adults) rollerskating. While most parts of the country I have seen would be extremely reckless/almost impossible to roller skate in, anyone who loves to blade who can make it to the area (near Marina Mall) it is a good place :)

@oregongirl indeed, the strip from Marina Mall to the Scientific Center is IMHO the best area for outdoor activities in general, roller-blading included. I used to do that there.

Marina is only for free style only and you need really consider the time for the skating because its get busy friday morning is cool time , but i'm looking for aggressive skating location that possible to convert it ,. if you in i'm searching for a place .

P.S

no its normal not the problem of arab men , but the young or teenager kids who are 16-19 years  that they can just maybe be silly like every where , but 90% is safe and cool no problem that she skating

no one skate on high way for sure , its not maniac and you cannot compare kuwait to germany for the roads but always their is place to skate, their is too much places but i'm looking for aggressive skating place where i could find a place or i can build like our old parking behind marina was impressive but now its dump they destruction the old parking

no its cool i skate in morning inline free style only ,,

Please insured yourself , I had three surgeries on knee , people drive reckless here at times but I guess if u too passionate u must bring your blades or else u regret later I still use my rollerblades after my recovery but this time I'm fully insured