NEW to Aqaba!

Hello everybody, me and my hubby reasently moved to Aqaba. We're having a great time but it would be nice to meet some expat's to socialite with and show us the ropes. Any of you's near Aqaba? What is the place to go?

Joe&Ro

Welcome/welkom on board to this site and welcome in Jordan.

What kind of information you are looking for, about which ropes you are talking about?

There is a brochure called "99 things to do in Aqaba".
It gives you wonderful tips to do in and around Aqaba. I think you can pick it up at some hotels and maybe also in a tourist office.

Thank you! Well, showing the ropes was more of a joke as we work on a boat. It would be helpful if there's anybody out there who workes on a boat as well so he/she could advise us on what shop's to go to or to avoid.

Ah, my mistake, didn't recognize the joke  :D

Hope some members who living in Aqaba can help you out.

Do you have more information about your boat?
Maybe in the fall we're going to plan a weekend Aqaba and I am so in love with boat trips...

Primadonna wrote:

Ah, my mistake, didn't recognize the joke  :D

Hope some members who living in Aqaba can help you out.

Do you have more information about your boat?
Maybe in the fall we're going to plan a weekend Aqaba and I am so in love with boat trips...

Depends on what kind of shops you mean? only one good restaurtant in my opinion so far, local dishes, quite good, very reasonable prices. have experienced a five star hotel with the most terrible cooking ever in my live. not enough: a bottle of water 5JD... don't ask about a more colorful drink... some average restaurants  offer a real small dish of kabab (from the fridge) with same kind of fries for more than 5JD without the drink. fast food in this area is to me definitely the better deal, except of this one restaurant.  clothes are negotiable.. still looking for a good grocery shop, as they have mainly these tiny ones, prices quite high.. there are places to sit and relax in the middle of the city with fruit cocktails and similar.  prices in aqaba are quite high, taking into consideration they pay less taxes... sure, one can buy a scissor for half a JD, sounds cheap, but too expensive when it doesnt even cut a fart .to enjoy the place, keep sitting on the beach, boat... one can visit the surroundings, walking on the beach side at night is good, weather at its best...

JO/EU wrote:

one can buy a scissor for half a JD, sounds cheap, but too expensie when it doesnt even cut a fart

This is the first very funny quote I see it from you and it made my day!  :thanks:

Primadonna wrote:
JO/EU wrote:

one can buy a scissor for half a JD, sounds cheap, but too expensive when it doesnt even cut a fart

This is the first very funny quote I see it from you and it made my day!  :thanks:

...and made me cry