Hungary Work permit application in hungary?

Hi,

I would like to know if its possible for a Hungarian company to first hire a non-EU national and apply for a business visa for the individual to enter Hungary and Can a work permit be applied later from Hungary itself?

Thanks

Offhand, I would say no. A business requests work visas for those they hire, not a business visa.

But ask at the local Hungarian Embassy for the facts.

klsallee wrote:

Offhand, I would say no. A business requests work visas for those they hire, not a business visa.

But ask at the local Hungarian Embassy for the facts.

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to get more information via local Hungarian Embassy.

But, I was asking in terms of sometimes businesses need people urgently and work permit could take around 2 months, so can a work permit application start from Hungary itself? I know about Netherlands that its not possible but different countries have different rules maybe?

amitmi2 wrote:

I know about Netherlands that its not possible but different countries have different rules maybe?

I honestly do not know for sure, but I would assume there is probably some standardization, or minimum requirements, on this topic in the EU and Schengen countries.

klsallee wrote:
amitmi2 wrote:

I know about Netherlands that its not possible but different countries have different rules maybe?

I honestly do not know for sure, but I would assume there is probably some standardization, or minimum requirements, on this topic in the EU and Schengen countries.

Yes thanks anyways