About fiancee visa in Norway

riza9519 wrote:

hi guys , is anyone here can help me i am applied for a fiancee visa in the phil . how long it will take? my interview would be  in the 10th of november im 5 months pregnant wish to give birth in norway
thanks a lot

Just make sure that you submit ALL listed requirements than corresponds to your partners status. For the criteria... your fiancee must have permanent job, earning more than 250,000 NOK per year, must have a house contract. For the description of relationship and wedding plans...attach pictures printed in a bond paper. Get a certification from NAV that he didn't receive any benefits or support.

The things i mentioned only applies if your partner is employed. It took me only 20 days to wait for my visa... it was really fast. Documents must be precise and complete... description of relationship doesnt necessarily need to be long but it must be informative and pictures will help describe you as a couple. GOOD LUCK :)

everything is complete but we're not been together for long , not a year ethier im in norway right now as i have a tourist visa . im going back to the philippines this 4rth of november :)
thanks a lot for the info ,
i just wanna ask does my fiancee needs an interview? i worry because he is working offshore in the north sea he will leave soon 12 of november and he will stay for 14 days there ..

riza9519 wrote:

everything is complete but we're not been together for long , not a year ethier im in norway right now as i have a tourist visa . im going back to the philippines this 4rth of november :)
thanks a lot for the info ,
i just wanna ask does my fiancee needs an interview? i worry because he is working offshore in the north sea he will leave soon 12 of november and he will stay for 14 days there ..

You may include a doctor's certificate about your pregnancy and in the description of relationship from your fiance mentioning that your pregnant and that he is aware of it and acknowledging your unborn baby.

as long as you can prove them that your relationship is ligit and genuine that is whats important. It is a big plus that you have been in Norway and stayed with him. Take note... that you and your boyfriend need to write a description of relationship and wedding plans EACH SEPARATELY. That letter will serve as a written interview from each of you as i said that letter should be informative and mentioning important details (include pictures as my suggestion).

Me and my fiance also work offshore :) i wonder about your boyfriend since we are both in the same industry. My boyfriend didn't called for an interview coz our application wasn't sent to UDI for decision. As i said in previous post the Norway Embassy in Manila was granted by UDI norway to make decision on spousal/fiance visa application... that is why the processing will only take within a month. In some cases it can take upto 9 months to process but it is only for those visa application that needs further investigation,,, those ones are the one being sent to UDI norway for decision. And mostly those are the ones that are being scheduled for interview. Im am happy to give you more advice... you may send me personal message if you like. Im leaving Nov 22,,, and my boyfriend and I has been in relationship only for 6 months :) and known each other only this year January :)

thanks add me i cant fins you there search riza enguio on facebook

hi guys , whats the teason why they send the papers in udi in norway ?
thanks a lot

To cris_bags1218

Hello Cris,

First of all, congratulations for the quick fiancee  permit approval and  of course, the upcoming wedding. :-)
Best wishes! :)

I reckon you are the most reliable person here and has the sincere heart to help others who are on the same boat with you.

I have a series of inquiries that I am hoping you could profoundly provide information and tips.
1. As per Norwegian Embassy website, it indicated, to quote:
" Please note that the document must be legalised by the DFA and (afterwards), the Consular Section at the Norwegian Embassy.."

In legalization of Birth Certificate and CENOMAR, does that mean, I would bring my birth and CENOMAR certificates to DFA Manila, right?
*Should I make an appointment to DFA or I can simply walk in there?
*Which DFA department should I swing by?
*Should I use the term "CENOMAR legalization" once asked what transaction I intend doing in their office?
*Is there a fee? If there is, how much?

Again on the website,  it says (AFTERWARDS, at the Consular Section of the Embassy).
Does this mean, after DFA, I should rush to the Consular Section for this or  once I submit my application documents to the Embassy?

2. If it is not too much to ask, can you possibly share with me how substantial the wedding plans are.
Can you share a draft of details on what we should put in there?
Say, Wedding date:
         Venue:
         The person who officiates:
I honestly don't know what other details necessary. I hope you would allow me to take a glimpse of the draft or copy of your Description of Relationship and Wedding or Marriage Plans, without your photos of course :)
Photo attachments are quite clever indeed. Thank you for the tip.

3. I don't have baptismal certificate for my religion doesn't require this. Did you also submit baptismal certificate?
What is the probable alternative if I have none?
And besides what do you think is the purpose of this if one already has an authenticated birth certificate?

Cris, I would highly appreciate it if you could enlighten me with some tips, info and answers to my questions.
With regards to the Description of Relationship and Marriage Plans, if you could share a layout or draft with me, just simply omit your names and other personal info because pretty much I just badly need an idea how to draw one, please drop it to my e-mail at [email protected].

I'm very much looking forward to your response,  Cris.
Thanks a lot! :)

Oh, I just discovered,  there's a "send a message" feature here. Please PM it to me if it's too much of a view to the public.Thank you again, Cris. :-)

SandrineSophia wrote:

To cris_bags1218

Hello Cris,

First of all, congratulations for the quick fiancee  permit approval and  of course, the upcoming wedding. :-)
Best wishes! :)

I reckon you are the most reliable person here and has the sincere heart to help others who are on the same boat with you.

I have a series of inquiries that I am hoping you could profoundly provide information and tips.
1. As per Norwegian Embassy website, it indicated, to quote:
" Please note that the document must be legalised by the DFA and (afterwards), the Consular Section at the Norwegian Embassy.."

In legalization of Birth Certificate and CENOMAR, does that mean, I would bring my birth and CENOMAR certificates to DFA Manila, right?
*Should I make an appointment to DFA or I can simply walk in there?
*Which DFA department should I swing by?
*Should I use the term "CENOMAR legalization" once asked what transaction I intend doing in their office?
*Is there a fee? If there is, how much?

Again on the website,  it says (AFTERWARDS, at the Consular Section of the Embassy).
Does this mean, after DFA, I should rush to the Consular Section for this or  once I submit my application documents to the Embassy?

2. If it is not too much to ask, can you possibly share with me how substantial the wedding plans are.
Can you share a draft of details on what we should put in there?
Say, Wedding date:
         Venue:
         The person who officiates:
I honestly don't know what other details necessary. I hope you would allow me to take a glimpse of the draft or copy of your Description of Relationship and Wedding or Marriage Plans, without your photos of course :)
Photo attachments are quite clever indeed. Thank you for the tip.

3. I don't have baptismal certificate for my religion doesn't require this. Did you also submit baptismal certificate?
What is the probable alternative if I have none?
And besides what do you think is the purpose of this if one already has an authenticated birth certificate?

Cris, I would highly appreciate it if you could enlighten me with some tips, info and answers to my questions.
With regards to the Description of Relationship and Marriage Plans, if you could share a layout or draft with me, just simply omit your names and other personal info because pretty much I just badly need an idea how to draw one, please drop it to my e-mail at [email protected].

I'm very much looking forward to your response,  Cris.
Thanks a lot! :)

Hello SandrineSopia,

thanks for your greetings. I actually felt drown after reading your long queries, but i will try to give you as much info as i can

ANSWER # 1

STEP 1,,, get birth cert and cenomar from NSO

STEP 2,,, bring it to DFA for authentication/red ribbon (No appointment needed just      walk in, also bring the official receipt from NSO for verification purposes, bring valid ID. Processing takes 1 day expedite for P200,,, 4 days regular for P100. I went to DFA ASEANA at macapagal ave near SNR,,,,  you can try other DFA satelitte offices if you know any. I can only give info about DFA ASEANA... Others i don't know.)

STEP 3,,, Bring the authenticated documents at NORWEGIAN EMBASSY MANILA - Consular section for legalization. (Better bring it early in the morning around 9am... so it will be released the same day in the afternoon,,, it cost P1,600 per document. So both birth cert and cenomar will cost you P3,200)

ANSWER # 2

Just be realistic... what is being asked is wedding PLANS and NOT DETAILS. in reality we cannot set up a date, or make any wedding preparation without the knowledge if when will the visa application will be granted or when exactly we will be in Norway 

This is what ive written  "we are planning to get married in _______ City hall HOPEFULLY December this year and just have a formal dinner afterwards in  ____________ hotel in ________ , together with our two witnessess and his family.

That is how simple i answered a simple question. My advice BE REALISTIC don't overdo the wedding plans because those details like who officiates,, number of guest,, bridesmaids name, witnessess name etc are not substantial.

ry to send you the letters we separately wrote for our DESCRIPTION OF RELATIONSHIP AND WEDDING PLANS

ANSWER # 3

Follow the UDI Checklist NOT the norway.ph website for the requirements needed to apply for engagement permit / fiance visa.

I tried to be clever enough by following what is written on both sites. That means i photocopy even the blank pages of my passport (WHICH YOU DON'T NEED),,, I even process my baptismal certificate (BUT WHEN I PASS MY APPLICATION THEY SAID THEY DON'T IT... ONLY BIRTH CERT AND CENOMAR THEY NEED).

Also in the NORWAY.PH SITE it is written that they need a copy of old passport of both applicant and reference person. But when i was in the embassy they didn't ask for it. THEY ONLY NEED THE CURRENT VALID PASSPORT.

To answer your question re: baptismal cert. As i said they don't need it so you dont have to worry about it. Maybe when you want to have a church wedding that's the time they gonna need it. As for me.... we will only have a civil wedding so baptismal cert is not needed.

Huh   thats a long inquiry .... good luck to you

hi, I have received a letter from UDI stated that "you have been granted a residence permit", is it is? What is next for this? What are the requirements for marriage in civil rites? Hope you can give some information on this. Thanks a lot. Enjoy and god bless.

sol368 wrote:

hi, I have received a letter from UDI stated that "you have been granted a residence permit", is it is? What is next for this? What are the requirements for marriage in civil rites? Hope you can give some information on this. Thanks a lot. Enjoy and god bless.

YES THAT IS IT!!! CONGRATS... YOU HAVE TO GO TO NORWEGIAN EMBASSY MANILA TO GET YOUR PASSPORT STAMP WITH VISA. THEY WILL GIVE YOU INSTRUCTION OR YOU MAY ASK THEM THE NEXT THING TO DO. DON'T BE LATE IF THEY SAID 2:30 PM BE THERE ON THE SPECIFIED TIME.

ALSO YOUR FIANCE WILL BE RECIEVING A LETTER FROM UDI... INSTRUCTING WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN NORWAY.

FOR MARRIAGE YOU NEED
1.  BIRTH CERT AUTHENTICATED BY DFA AND LEGALIZED BY NORWEGIAN EMBASSY. (TO PROCESS IN PHILIPPINES)

2.  CENOMAR ISSUED NOT OVER 4 MOS.... SO YOU MUST HAVE A NEW CENOMAR AUTHENTICATED BY DFA AT LEAST BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY. THE CITY HALL IN NORWAY REQUIRES THAT YOUR CENOMAR ISSUE DATE MUST NOT BE OVER BY 4 MOS. YOU MAY CHOOSE TO HAVE IT LEGALIZED IN NORWEGIAN EMBASSY MANILA AS WELL BUT SOME SAID NO NEED TO BE LEGALIZED. BUT TO MAKE SURE HAVE IT ALL AUTHENTICATED AND LEGALIZED. (TO PROCESS IN PHILIPPINES)

3.  FOR YOUR FIANCE HE NEEDS TO HAVE A "NO IMPEDIMEMT TO MARRIAGE" YOUR FIANCE MAY ASK THE CITY HALL HOW TO PROCESS THIS ONE (TO PROCESS IN NORWAY)

4. YOU HAVE TO GO TO CFO - COMMISION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEAS, ATTEND A GUIDANCE COUNSELING AND HAVE YOUR PASSPORT STAMP (EMMIGRANT STAMP). YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE A GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING CERTIFICATE  FROM THEM. THE PHILIPPINE IMMIGRATION IN THE AIRPORT WILL NOT LET YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY IF YOU DONT HAVE THIS. SO.... THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO HAVE (TO PROCESS IN PHILIPPINES). CFO is at quirino ave cor osmena highway manila. Check their website... book  for schedule of councelling. Bring all documents with you when you get to CFO. You will be interviewed and will fill up forms (guite a lot pf forms)

To sol

please bring the letter you recieve from UDI in norwegian embassy...

i forgot to mention :) congrats again!!! Your wish do come true... you can spend xmas with you fiance :)

@cris_bags1218

Please lower your caplock when posting as it makes the thread easier to read. And in 'netspeak' it is considered to be the same as shouting at someone.
Thanks.

stumpy wrote:

@cris_bags1218

Please lower your caplock when posting as it makes the thread easier to read. And in 'netspeak' it is considered to be the same as shouting at someone.
Thanks.

yeah.. i notice the capslock was hightened when writing my first sentences,,, so instead of deleting,,, i just continue writing (lazy) with the capslock on.  :unsure will lower the capslock next time  :top:

Hello Cris (cris_bags1218)

You are such an angel. You have no idea how helpful this information you shared with me to us all here.

Thank you for patiently answering all my inquiries. The length must have strained you. My apologies.
I hope you won't get tired enlightening us here when I likely pester you with my questions again in the future. :-)

Bless your heart, Cris.

P.S.: I am not BOTHERED by your CAPSLOCK nor construed it as "SHOUTING". Unless you end it with exclamations, i. e "!!!!!!!"

Cheers! :-)

Can i use the same birth certificate which have been authenticated in DFA and legalized by the Norwegian embassy as one of the requirements for marriage?

sol368 wrote:

Can i use the same birth certificate which have been authenticated in DFA and legalized by the Norwegian embassy as one of the requirements for marriage?

Yes, i believe so. I will be using the same as well. Im leaving on Nov 22, and getting married December

sol368 wrote:

hi, I have received a letter from UDI stated that "you have been granted a residence permit", is it is? What is next for this? What are the requirements for marriage in civil rites? Hope you can give some information on this. Thanks a
lot. Enjoy and god bless.

Congratulations Sol :-)

thanks a lot. God bless on your papers too. Good news will come soon.

hi berai, how are you in Norway? Are you now married there?

I have applied for fiance permit in July 2013. In July 2014 my visa for fiance permit is rejected by saying that my fiance's full time working period is less thn four years.last month v have planned to spend our Christmas nd new year time together nd applied for visitor visa.  Again they've refused to grant me an entry visa by saying that they don't believe that I 'll come back after the expiry of my visa. .. is there anybody help me to Wt to do. .. I am authorized as a health worker in Norway .can I apply for skilled worker visa on this basis? ?

Shaminderpal Kaur wrote:

I have applied for fiance permit in July 2013. In July 2014 my visa for fiance permit is rejected by saying that my fiance's full time working period is less thn four years.last month v have planned to spend our Christmas nd new year time together nd applied for visitor visa.  Again they've refused to grant me an entry visa by saying that they don't believe that I 'll come back after the expiry of my visa. .. is there anybody help me to Wt to do. .. I am authorized as a health worker in Norway .can I apply for skilled worker visa on this basis? ?

hi shaminderpal kaur:-)

sorry about that, you got denied fiance visa after 1 year of waiting? you made a mistake of applying for vistor visa after being denied fiance visa,they assume you attempted to move to Norway permanently and that when you failed, you decided to apply for visitors visa and use that to remain in Norway,people rarely get visitors visa in such cases,maybe you should have applied for fiance visa again or got married and apply for family reunion visa,as for skilled worker visa, am sorry I can't help,I don't know much about it,hope someone here will help you.

good day:-)

Hi Shaminderpal Kaur,

Am very sorry to read of your experience..Am happy to read that you still have a fighting spirit as where there is a will there is a way!

Is it possible to get married with your fiance and apply for the spouse permit? Please read very carefully through the UDI website so
as you apply you ensure that you  both meet all the requirements.

All the best :-)

God bless

Shaminderpal Kaur wrote:

i am so sorry to hear about your denied application. i too had been denied before for a bf visit visa,  but that was because we had never met in person yet.  my bf came here twice,  on 2 trips,  both with 2 weeks each. after that, i tried again to apply for a bf visit visa and i got approved.  iv been to norway twice,  and another again this december with my daughter (we just got approved for a visit visa 2 weeks ago).

in my opinion, they check first how legit the relationship is by checking how much time you've spent together physically.  "online together"  doesnt count.  second,  they need to make sure u are going to return after your visit visa expires. this can be proven by your ties from ur home country: ur currently employed with a stable job,  or owning properties..

and yes,  there's a great chance that they think ur not going home after ur visit visa since u recently planned to move to norway but got denied..

its sad to hear that u cant be together for christmas..  long distance is really tough,  just hang on...  my suggestion is that ur bf can probably visit you in ur country for now... that will show the embassy as well that ur intention was really to spend christmas together,  no matter what country u will be spending it on..

Good advice pheebz  :top:

Well I also have the same advice as what gatindi and racheluganda suggest. That you get married in your home country in India then apply for spousal visa. If you will try to apply for skilled worker permit it wouldn't be that easy.... you will need a company in Norway to employ you. Also,, ,if you choose to apply for work permit.... the authority will check you previous visa application... and it might put them in doubt again.

You must stand on your first purpose and that is to get married... show the norwegian authority that even they denied you twice,,, you'll push through with the marriage even getting married in your home country. And that will show them how true and ligit your relationship is. Don't switch and stop trying to apply other type of visa to norway... it will just complicate things. Get married in your home country then apply for spousal visa

Thank u so much friends for your help

Hi sol,I'm doing very well here,were planning to get married in January.

to berai, good to hear that. congratulations for the upcoming wedding. By the way, can you give us info what are papers to be prepared? how long is the process to get married? hope you can give us info, tips and advices regarding the matter. thanks a lot.

hei hei everyone,

I applied for fiancee visa last February 2014, does anyone here applied the same month as me? It's  been 9 months now, i'm starting to lose my patience. How's your application going on so far? I really need someone to share their experiences to me, i'm getting very worried now :(

Thank you.

frankfelice wrote:

hei hei everyone,

I applied for fiancee visa last February 2014, does anyone here applied the same month as me? It's  been 9 months now, i'm starting to lose my patience. How's your application going on so far? I really need someone to share their experiences to me, i'm getting very worried now :(

Thank you.

hi fankfelice:-)

you don't have to get worried, they are still processing your visa,I wonder why it's taking so long for applicants this year,was your sponser called in for interview?  I understand sometimes if the sponser is called for interview, the visa takes abit long,my fiance was interviewed, and am in the eleventh month of waiting,I applied in Dec 2013,my Kenyan friend is also in the twelvth month of waiting, you could wait upto a year too,just relax and think postive, you will get the visa

racheluganda wrote:
frankfelice wrote:

hei hei everyone,

Thank you.

you don't have to get worried, they are still processing your visa,I wonder why it's taking so long for applicants this year,was your sponser called in for interview?  I understand sometimes if the sponser is called for interview, the visa takes abit long,my fiance was interviewed, and am in the eleventh month of waiting,I applied in Dec 2013,my Kenyan friend is also in the twelvth month of waiting, you could wait upto a year too,just relax and think postive, you will get the visa

hallo,

when was your sponsor called for an interview? My fiancee didn't  mentioned that he had a call for an interview.

frankfelice wrote:
racheluganda wrote:
frankfelice wrote:

hei hei everyone,

Thank you.

hallo,

when was your sponsor called for an interview? My fiancee didn't  mentioned that he had a call for an interview.

he was interviewed on the 1st October 2014,still waiting for visa,when we contact udi,they tell us to just wait that it could take upto a year

@racheluganda

i hope my fiancee will not be called for an interview anymore :( then we need wait patiently.

thank you so much, it lighten me up a bit.

yeah just pray he is not called for interview, but sometimes I think it's just luck,because my friend's fiance was not interviewed but she's still waiting upto now,she has been waiting for almost a year

to frankfelice

I have applied last February 3 in Norwegian Embassy and my papers was sent and received by UDI last February 18. Last November 4, I have received an email that my residence permit was granted. My fiance was not interview by the police anymore. I got my papers for 9 months. Just follow up UDI might your  papers is on process. God bless us all.

Hi sol.
      Sorry I can't answer your question right now until we have been to kommune next week ,I only have cenomar and nso red ribboned which is send by my aunt.by the way when are you coming to Norway?

hi berai, we will book ticket today, probably i will be there on December 12. I will prepare all the requirements for marriage before going there. By the way, are you from Cebu?

Hi all :-)

After more than 11 months of waiting our application has been approved!!!! Thanks all for your support :-)

For those still waiting... I pray that you will receive your approval really soon

God bless

Gatindi,congrats for up coming to norway

Hello gatindi... something worth waiting for :) congrats!