About fiancee visa in Norway

Good luck! But the time has changed from 6 months to 9 months.. don't expect anything sooner, you'll just get disappointed..
*Crossing my fingers for you though!*

Willow13 wrote:

Good luck! But the time has changed from 6 months to 9 months.. don't expect anything sooner, you'll just get disappointed..
*Crossing my fingers for you though!*

Hi willow... thanks. Here in the philippines i knew someone whose visa were approved in just a week time. I am not expecting to get response that soon... but i have my positive hopes. And yes there are changes in the system... as ive known engagement permit can now be processed in Royal Embassy Manila, like spousal visa and shengen visa (as part of a new system). That's why in our country the embassy told us that the processing period is within a month (which is true coz as I said I knew someone who got her engagement permit in a week). But they also inform me that it could take up to nine months in some cases. Those cases that are being sent and process in UDI and those that are scheduled for interview where the ones that are taking longer.

Also in the cover letter it cleary specify that processing time of cases processed by police station, or the foreign service mission, may vary from location to location. Therefore, you should enquire the processing time when you submit your application.

to those who are welling to share there idea .i have some question about the marriege here in norway so what if i will find my husband have another women but we i am still marriege with him,i want to break and move from him even i am not yet a citisenship.

Wow, that's awesome! Wish it was the same for South Africa! They first told me 6 - 7 months, then later they said 9 months (and once someone on the phone said it could take up to a year!) :/
Crossing my fingers that your process is quick then!

I know it's easier said than done, but dump his sorry ass! You don't deserve that crap!!

carla40 wrote:

to those who are welling to share there idea .i have some question about the marriege here in norway so what if i will find my husband have another women but we i am still marriege with him,i want to break and move from him even i am not yet a citisenship.

hi carla.

as far as i know based on reading the UDI site, you can only renew your residence permit if the status of ur marriage is still the same.. if u get divorced, u will have to go home.. or find another way to get a residence permit. see below, as quoted frm the udi site about renewal of family immigration permit:

If you were granted a family immigration permit with your spouse or cohabitant, and you have divoreced or separated, you can normally not apply for a renewal of your family immigration. You have three possibilities:

> If you are separated because you or your child has been abused by your spouse or cohabitant, you can apply for a special type of residence permit.
> You can check whether you meet the requirements for another type of residence permit, for example for work purposes or studies.
> If you have a child in Norway, you can apply for family immigration with your child.

source: UDI site: http://www.udi.no/en/want-to-renew/

I finally got my visa permit to Norway after 1 year of waiting..good luck guys,hopefully you will get your visa also soon..

gratulerer velkommen til norge

berai wrote:

I finally got my visa permit to Norway after 1 year of waiting..good luck guys,hopefully you will get your visa also soon..

congrats and best wishes

wow congs gal!!,waiting for mine too:-)

Question.... did the embassy took your passport upon submission of your doc's. Because they did here in Norwegian Embassy Manila.

they put a stamp on my passport which is stated the day I submitted my docs.

berai wrote:

they put a stamp on my passport which is stated the day I submitted my docs.

Hi berai... you applied last year right?,,, did the embassy hold your passport during the processing of your visa?

Yes,I applied on oct 2013..they didn't hold my passport while my application was still on processing they just put a stamp which is stated the date I submitted my docs.

When did you applied?did the embassy in Manila took your passport?

berai wrote:

When did you applied?did the embassy in Manila took your passport?

I had me appointment last Thurs. Oct 2.... the same with the other girl i met in the embassy applying for fiance visa. Her passport is in the embassy as well. This maybe a part of their new system. I ask them if I can have my passport,,,, they ask me why (as they are willing to hand me back my passport). But i didn't insist.... ill just let them have it.

hi cris_bags:-)

the embassy remained with my passport

racheluganda wrote:

hi cris_bags:-)

the embassy remained with my passport

About getting married; Before to come to Norway I had no idea how many comes here just to escape from their own countries using people from both sides to satisfy economic desires and/or ulterior motives "You name it". so wrong to use the flag of "Love" however, is a common one nowadays...

I feel extremely mad and tired of being seen by Norwegians as another castaway with the sign of gold in my eyes. Is a tremendously big spet to get married with someone you don't know well from another country, is extremely hard and it requires tremendous amount of love, patience and understanding to overcome the storm of the adaptation process, a lot of troubles, cultural barriers, dependency to do everything at the beginning, LANGUAGE.

At the end of some hard day after many hard situations; The comments of people saying: Yeah, another gigolo... And worse, your own couple asking it to you as well...

Please, love and respect yourselves, don't go to another country to get married just for money, just to escape of your own, ruining the reputation of another people changing their life for good, for real.

Berai!!!

Congratulations!!! How wonderful!

carla40 wrote:

gratulerer velkommen til norge

Hi Carla,
Do you think having a lawyer helps speed up the process?

hey guys, we applied in jan 2013, got rejected saying that we dont have a place to live and we dont have enough money, even though we updated them with all the paper work during the application, we re applied again and they accepted us, problem is it takes long and they kind of reject you to make sure that its real and not just a summer jam! you know but usually most of people i talked to, said that when you reapply it gets through, just make sure meanwhile with waiting to learn Norwegian cause its somehow a must. to get a job in here. good luck for every one and let me know if you are arriving around Oslo

We just got denied.. He was in SA for a couple of months last year visiting me, so it counted against him when they checked his income.. :(
Any suggestions on the appeal..?

Exactly the same with us as my girl friend was living with me for 1 year in Egypt. All what he need to do is call UDI. File a new case with updates of his income. And place for u to live. Same papers but read the requirements carefully to make sure u meet the standards. And this time it might take shorter period to get response.

Willow13 wrote:

We just got denied.. He was in SA for a couple of months last year visiting me, so it counted against him when they checked his income.. :(

I feel sorry to hear this.... i can suggest that he marry you in SA instead. Then apply for spousal visa afterwards. Being married and as a spouse of norwegian citizen will make your side favorable for family immigration.

Here in philippines it takes 2-3 weeks to process spousal visa. But its really been a talk among the applicants... if your partner have a good paying permanent job and own a house the visa processing will just take a short time and a positive response

Willow13 wrote:

So sorry about that, good thing is when you appeal it will take a shorter length of time..

hi willow13

sorry about the sad news,I can imagine how you feel after the long wait and you get denied,I advise you to just get married in your home country and apply for family reunion visa, but make sure you first solve the problem that led to your denial before applying again.

http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/a … -decision/

Hi Willow! Sorry to hear that but you should be strong and keep going.. File an appeal and submit additional documents.. Don't loose hope.. Think positive and everythings gonna be alright.. God bless you!

Thank you! I'll do my research & tell him to get his papers ready again!

Thank you so much! I was pretty down in the dumps, but my mood is lifted and we'll be appealing their decision for sure! Any advice about the additional documents though, besides his new payslips / updates on his income?

Yeah, we're going to get married regardless, whether in Norway or South Africa.. But first, we'll try the appeal! :)

I heard the appeal time is about 6 months.. I guess we've got to do what we've got to do..

If we cant get married in Norway, we'll get married in SA for sure, but then he'd have to leave me behind again, otherwise he wont make enough to meet UDI's mark (again).. Ai.. long distance is just sad..
We'll appeal the decision first and go from there..

Thank you for the link, Gatindi! I'll work from there :)

Hi Willow13 - this is not a chat room... can you please avoid multiple posting on the thread - take your time and write one post with everything you want to say properly  :)

Hi Max: Sorry, I'm new here and thought that if I press 'reply' it'll just notify the person I responded to. A couple of people replied to my post, so I thought it would be rude not to reply back. I'll shut up now.

Willow13 wrote:

Hi Max: Sorry, I'm new here and thought that if I press 'reply' it'll just notify the person I responded to. A couple of people replied to my post, so I thought it would be rude not to reply back. I'll shut up now.

Willow 13 feel free to post & chat e.t.c as much as you like with no apologies. That's why we are all here! To share information, encourage and support each other.

Willow13 wrote:

You can use the PM system.