About fiancee visa in Norway

Anyone here who had experience about fiancee visa?Do you have any updates about your application?How long you been waiting?please share your experience.

Hello ludz any update of your visa.? ,I applied mine last October and still waiting...good luck..

hello berai?are you  trying to follow up your application?your application is about 10 months now.
And the udi says,we will wait  6 to 9 months.just call always to follow up.You applied last October,2013?and now is August,so,you are waited 10 months.

what is your fb account?

Yes I applied last October 2013,It will be 10 months next week.

then,what will you do?did you call the udi?

What is your fb account?

then what is your plan about your visa?did udi processed of your application?

The udi has my visa application,unfortunately i don't know what to do,besides I have to wait until when the udi will processed my application and made a decision ..I will make a call tomorrow in Manila embassy...hopefully I will get a positive answer from them...

Let your fiancee to call them to the udi.not you,its better your fiancee,

Was your fiancee called in for an interview?  The UDI website says that if they call in someone for an interview the time duration could  go over 9 months...

Hope as I write this you already have your permit :-)

Ive been waited now for my visa for almost 6 months this month of August..waiting waiting,And i dont have schedule for an interview,I hope not.

We have waited 8 months this August, my fiance wasn't called for an interview. When we called UDI, they said we should receive an answer within 9 months. 1 more month of waiting.

okay ,Goodluck to you.

hope you get an answer i put in my app the 2nd of dec and still waiting hope they say something soon its getting really old having to wait  and wait, if your like me when you put your app in it said 7months then in Jan 2014 they changed it to 9months. I\ve read soo many pages and so much of Norways laws trying to figure out why they take so long, i understand that they had almpst all of may off and they had there summer vaction but they really need to hire more people and get the ball rolling. would be nice if they said something. i just wish they would have fixed there website last year before this year. We would have done a  diffent app and just have gotton married in the states. If someone can give me an news on what to say. i would send or call UDI but they say dont to find out what the status of your app is. I'm even more worried now that someone else has waited 10months and still no replay. it dosnt make since. I'm from the usa when i went the embassy in ca they said i would not get called for a interview that was for people there not sure about there id. hope i hear somthing soon

Hey fitzkevin ,..any update of your visa?did you apply for fiancée visa also? I guess we're on the same problem,I am still waiting more than 10 months ,my fiancée in Norway was sending an email in udi but he doesn't receive an answer from udi..hopefully we get a good result soon..

yeah i did the fiancée visa, was really hoping they would have said something by now. udi is really slow on the emails i sent a email to them to ask them a question. They say they'll get back to you in 3 days but it took them 5 to get back to me.i know your in the same boat hope the best for you and me both. I'm going to send them a email or call them at the end of the month if they dont say anything by then. Though im not sure its going to help, im almost sure the answer is going to be when we get to we get to:(. also im not sure where your from but i know from some countrys they have problems getting info on you i should'nt have this problem since my country has a good relation with them but im starting to wish i did it the other way around and her come to the usa it would have been done by now but since my wife to be was making more money then me and i think norway is a better place then the us we decided it would be better for me to go there.

Hi everyone. Just wanna shed some light here. I came to Norway last year on an engagement permit (I'm from the Philippines). It took us 1 year to get my application approved. We applied on February 2012, got the result January 2013! My fiancé (now my husband) was the one doing all the follow ups, calling UDI several times to get news. After 11months and still got nothing from the UDI, he hired a lawyer to do the follow ups. A couple of weeks later I finally got the visa!
Prior to my fiancé visa application, I have been visiting my boyfriend twice on a schengen visa. We were in a relationship for almost two years before we applied for an engagement permit. I hope my experience gives u guys a spark of hope :)

i am waiting before for my fiancee visa is only 2 months since i applied after 2 months my fiancee visa have a result for my email address that i will sent it to the embassy

fiancee visa is depends to the income and assisit of your sponsor

hi carla.. when did u apply for ur fiancée visa?

i am applied 2013 june i my visa approve last pct.18 i will arrive in norway nov.2013 and i am marriege in jan.i have my residence permits and my passport i still processing here in norway when i get my marriege contract .but i have still my own surename when i will change my residence permits and now i told my husband to change my surename to his surename .

just check your email everyday bec.the result will sent it to your email

ludz wrote:

okay ,Goodluck to you.

Hi Ludz :-)

Any news from your side?

carla40 wrote:

i am applied 2013 june i my visa approve last pct.18 i will arrive in norway nov.2013 and i am marriege in jan.i have my residence permits and my passport i still processing here in norway when i get my marriege contract .but i have still my own surename when i will change my residence permits and now i told my husband to change my surename to his surename .

It took you 5 months :-) you are lucky :-)

Hi Tough-Sophie :-)

Congratulations, thanks for writing. At the time you applied, waiting times were 7 months. Did the UDI explain why it took more than 11 months to get your application approved?

hi guys,this is really a difficult situation, I also applied for my fiance visa in Dec 2013 but upto now haven't heard from the udi,it's really stressing me out,and also my sister is married in Norway, am thinking will this affect my visa?

Hi guys ..does anyone here have an idea if I can apply a schengen visa while waiting for my fiancé visa to Norway?appreciate your comment..

berai wrote:

Hi guys ..does anyone here have an idea if I can apply a schengen visa while waiting for my fiancé visa to Norway?appreciate your comment..

Hi Berai :-)

Apparently not. One can only apply for a D visa which only applies to kids and spouse. Has your fiance  been  for the interview yet? Oh this is difficult...

racheluganda wrote:

hi guys,this is really a difficult situation, I also applied for my fiance visa in Dec 2013 but upto now haven't heard from the udi,it's really stressing me out,and also my sister is married in Norway, am thinking will this affect my visa?

Hi Rachel :-)

It seems we are sailing in the same boat since I applied in December 2013 and haven't  heard anything... I don't  see how your sister being married in Norway could affect your application...

All the best gal

I want a  fiancee visa in Norway! how can I get this and about fiance there.

Hello Gatindi. It was 6-month waiting during that time. It was not so clear to me as to why it took so long. My husband said the UDI somehow lost some of our papers so he had to provide again. But I believe that this is really a rare and weird case. Anyway When I finally got my visa I didn't think about anything anymore but just happiness :) of course UDI won't explain why unless u ask, I didn't.
Please ask ur fiancé to keep calling. The waiting line on the phone could be long (my husband once was on the #160 among the callers). So he sat on the phone and call every 30mins until he's entertained.
I really wish u good news asap and all the others here who are waiting.

Ohh.i see..he has not call for interview yet,hopefully soon..thanks for the info..

Chimu wrote:

I want a  fiancee visa in Norway! how can I get this and about fiance there.

are you engaged to a Norwegian?

Hei hei everyone!

I'm waiting for my fiance visa to be approve. It will soon be 7 months on September 13 since i applied. During my interview in the embassy they told me that maximum waiting time would be 7 months. But then i checked on their website now it said that it's at least 9 months. I submitted a complete set of requirements they needed. It's very much frustrating. I've been to Norway once for holiday, i thought this will help me apply faster for fiance visa, but then i was very much wrong.  :(

Sorry to hear you haven't heard anything back yet. The waiting game is tedious when it comes to immigration here, I got quoted 9 months on my UDI forms its really just a approximate figure, you can call them and ask where your application is at? If its yet to be seen by anyone or if its being reviewed or how much longer you are likely to have to wait.

9 Months seems ridiculous for a fiancee visa given that a lot of people would go from engaged to married in that time!

@ChrissyJohansen

yes you're right! thank you so much for your reply, i was uplifted a little bit. I just missed my fiancee a lot, even we are on skype everyday after his work, it's just so different when you both are together physically.  :)

so update still nothing good, i really wish they would hurry up but this is the email udi sent me after i sent them a email to ask if there was an update

We refer to your email dated 14. August 2014,

We have received your application for a finace permit. The case is registered filed on 6. December 2013.

As you have correctly put it, we have increased the processing time. The current time estimate is approximately 9 months, reckoned from 6. December 2013 in your case. Unfortunately, we are also heavily backlogged at the moment of writing. It is hence probable that your case may be finalized after the current estimated processing time.

We apologize for any inconveniences the delay may have caused you .
i dont understand why it takes so long, i think maybe they should just put its going to take a year even though we say its less. I guess its the same no matter what country your from if you want the goverment to do something for you it takes forever, but if they want money they want it right then.
Good luck to everyone

hi Berai try to follow up Your fiancee visa for me before is only 2 months i have result for fiancee visa by email

hi luds i have an experiance before about my fiancee visa last years it only taken 2 months from the date of my filling i hope you also you can get fast result .thanks