Kick box, MMA, swimming nearest to Sultanahmet

Hey newbie here. Coming from Bulgaria, but I have been back and forth to Turkey and Bulgaria in the last 3 years, exactly 18 months in Istanbul in the last 36 :). So last time when I was in Bulgaria I decided to get in shape and signed both for bodybuilding and MMA. I loved the MMA classes, never though I would love them, but I had lots of fun and for the first time I was getting in shape while loving it.

So I basically work and live in Sultanhamet and while it has been challenging to find a normal fitness gym with proper gear, it is now extremely challenging to find any kick boxing or MMA gym nearby. The closest one appears to be Octopus VIP gym at Mecidekoy which is 350 TL per month. I can afford that, but not sure if I can afford going to Mecidekoy 3 times per week as it is faaaar and time consuming.

So looking forward for suggestions for:
1. good fitness gym near Sultanhamet
2. good kick boxing or MMA gym near to Sultanahmet
3. Where I can swim? I have been swimming at the Sahil Yolu at the Bosphorus, but that place is dangerous. I am good swimmer, but these rocks are nasty and I almost injured my legs badly yesterday.
4. Explain me the logistics to Mecidekoy from Sultanahmet - I have been told there is a metro nearby Laleli that will take me to there, is that true?

Newbie here too man. Hopefully you can get help in finding a dojo.. I'm also looking for MMA complex near Ataşehir,  I'm living in Brandium. If you hear something. . Please let me know. .

Cheers.
Zeeshan

insanity4 wrote:

Hey newbie here. Coming from Bulgaria, but I have been back and forth to Turkey and Bulgaria in the last 3 years, exactly 18 months in Istanbul in the last 36 :). So last time when I was in Bulgaria I decided to get in shape and signed both for bodybuilding and MMA. I loved the MMA classes, never though I would love them, but I had lots of fun and for the first time I was getting in shape while loving it.

So I basically work and live in Sultanhamet and while it has been challenging to find a normal fitness gym with proper gear, it is now extremely challenging to find any kick boxing or MMA gym nearby. The closest one appears to be Octopus VIP gym at Mecidekoy which is 350 TL per month. I can afford that, but not sure if I can afford going to Mecidekoy 3 times per week as it is faaaar and time consuming.

So looking forward for suggestions for:
1. good fitness gym near Sultanhamet
2. good kick boxing or MMA gym near to Sultanahmet
3. Where I can swim? I have been swimming at the Sahil Yolu at the Bosphorus, but that place is dangerous. I am good swimmer, but these rocks are nasty and I almost injured my legs badly yesterday.
4. Explain me the logistics to Mecidekoy from Sultanahmet - I have been told there is a metro nearby Laleli that will take me to there, is that true?