How can I move to Bhutan?

I am interested in moving to Bhutan, preferably Thimphu. I don't necessarily have any degrees, except high school. I am not worried about a job, money is not an issue. How can I move to Bhutan under these circumstances.

Hello jh102499,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

May I ask you why you would like to move to Bhutan and what you would like to do there? Have you already been there, do you know anybody there?

All the best,
Olivier
Expat.com Team

Hello!
I am one of the very few foreigners who has lived in Bhutan.
Moving there is not easy and you will only be allowed if you get a job before and they help you to get the visa (as for most of the countries as a matter of fact).
My advice would be that you perhaps visit the country first as a tourists and, while being there, you try to make some contacts and elaborate on that later on to move.
If you need advice about how to go as a tourist (is not as straight forward as it might sound for other countries) then let me know.
Regards

Good morning,

It never occurred to me that it might be possible to live in Bhutan.

I had heard that if I wanted to visit Bhutan the government charged a fee of $200 per day.

Do you think it would be possible for me to teach tennis in Bhutan ?  Are there any tennis courts in Bhutan.

Although I have spent over a year in India over 5 different trips to India I have never visited Bhutan.

Best wishes,

Tom Connell
[email protected]