Moving to Bali from USA please help

I am 33 married and a software engineer in the USA.
I have decided to take the plunge and move to Bali. My wife is from Singapore and her father is also moving to Bali.

I have some general questions that would be great if I could get some answers or information on.

1. What are requirements for US citizen to move to Indonesia permanently.

2. Should I even consider bringing my Cats?

3. Any suggestions on where to look for work as a programmer?

4. Cargo what are good shipping companies that go from USA to Bali?

Thanks

whitecow wrote:

3. Any suggestions on where to look for work as a programmer?

You could consult IT job offers in Indonesia Classifieds or even publish your CV there.
Good luck
Arlette

TY  I will do that.

I'll try answer as well as I know.

1. What are requirements for US citizen to move to Indonesia permanently. If you first time to move to Bali or Indonesia you can't be permanently. You should be en expatriate by a sponsor company

2. Should I even consider bringing my Cats? Yes you can bring your lovly cat to Indonesia. But in Indonesia also alot of nicely cat.

3. Any suggestions on where to look for work as a programmer? You can loo for by internet job as programer in Indonesia

4. Cargo what are good shipping companies that go from USA to Bali? A lot of good shiping you can choose one.

Hopefully those are good enough information.

regards
Liesye

Ok this my advise

1. You need find sponsor company first or you can living here ilegal like my friend from philly he live in bali since 1992 I know that not good an option but a lot in here.

2. well that depend, is american free from rabies or not, as long as I know only Hawaii state only free from rabies.because Indonesia requirement that one. Also before my wife want bring her cat before but not easy so expensive cost like $ 2000.

3.A lot job in here for expat go check on www. bali advertiser.com

4. Well when I was in PA I send some stuff to but the cargo office in philly they also have in California cost very cheap
like $ 500 a pallet but is gonna arrive in here in 3 month.

dean

Hey there. I am an American living in Bali. I'd love to help you.

1) You have a few options for visas here but the two main ones would be a KITAS, sponsored through your employer once you get a job and a social visa. If I were you, I'd get your social visa BEFORE you enter Bali. It's for 2 months (60 days) and extendable 4 times so 6 months total. That way you can look for a job and have 6 months until you have to leave to renew it.

2) I left my cat behind. Having traveled here many times before moving, I just didn't see myself bringing her here so I left her with a friend. I think that is your call though.

3) Programmer, huh? Actually, I see that advertised a lot in the Bali Advertiser. Google it online and you can look at the classifies for a job. :)

4) For cargo, I think you would have to be more specific as what/how much you are bringing here. Other options are the flight with you, of course, then there's Pos Indonesia, FedEx and DHL here.

***On a side note, check out my blog, Absolut Anna, where I blog about life in Bali and all things I love. Enjoy and happy travels!
annaelizabethpoole.blogspot.com/

[moderated]