1st Bilingual Prep. in Aguadilla

Has anyone heard of this school in Aguadilla? Did anyone hear good or bad things about it?

I may be seeing about putting my grandson in it and need to know any pros it coins about it.

Pros: ?
Cons: Cost, compared to home school. Even in Bilingual schools (try not to think of them in terms of English speaking schools only) it is mandatory that he takes a Spanish class where Spanish only is spoken. It's also mandatory that he takes a Puerto Rico history class spoken and taught in Spanish only. That's what we were told when we tried to put our daughter in a bilingual school. If he doesn't speak Spanish now that means he'll fail two classes. If you get him a tutor to help him learn Spanish he won't have much time to grasp it. Then, between classes most of the other kids will be speaking Spanish among themselves. They do that here in public school in central Florida where we have a high Hispanic population. My daughter was only able to talk to a few people because nobody spoke English.

Can you wait a school year before you make this move so he can finish school in the states?

Gregg, first of all, we are here to stay including my grandson, so waiting to go back to the states is not an option.

Secondly, I don't know where you are but he lived throughout Fla. for mist of his.life and until recently in Coconut Creek and went to school there and he never had  problems speaking with the kids his age.

One of the reasons that we want to put him in a bilingual school is so that he can have a fighting chance in learning Spanish. I understand that the Spanish class will be in Spanish and I am prepared to help him with it. Also I certainly hope that he can meet kids around his age and thus communicate in Eng. & Spanish with them.

All I was asking if anyone heard good or bad about the school.

My apologies. I was thinking you weren't there yet. I live in southern Orlando/Kissimmee area and it is predominately Hispanic. That's why I used it as an example of what to expect at a bilingual school. I work all over central Florida and a lot places I go I never hear a word of Spanish. You don't seem to be getting many responses to your question. Is it a fairly new school? There should be a number of expats out there that were stationed at the Ramey Base in Aguadilla at one time that could help you out if it existed when they were there. Have you tried researching it on the internet? Time is running short. Classes will be starting soon. You may have to end up going with your best intuition if you can't get any solid info. Have you visited the school? You may or may not be able to contact them during the summer. I never heard of the school. All I know in Aguadilla is Freidrich Frobel out by the airport(I don't think that one goes up to grade 12) and the Christian Academy. One other one too that I can't think of the name. But it was pretty old and it was one we checked out and didn't like. If you can't get them on the phone, go down there and someone might be there that you could talk to and hopefully get some information and a feel for the place. Take your grandson with you so he can give his input as well. There is another school in Aguada you might check out. It's called Masis and it's right on Rt.2. It's a new school and it's one we took a serious look at. In fact, if I remember correctly, they even offered extra help with getting our daughter to learn Spanish. But like any other decent school, it's not cheap.

Thanks again for your input. When I was researching schools, this is one that I had called and left a message so now they called me back and from what the Princ. told me, it sounds pretty good but we have to pay an enrollment fee+ tuition+ books + uniforms and at this time, it is a hefty sum that we have to deal with.

We are still awaiting our stuff from the u.s. and have to furnish a house and buy a car, so we shall see if it works out. I will advise.

No, we haven't gone to see the school but will probably go soon and then we will get an idea of how it.is.