Old Threads

Hi Mods,

It is so obvious that there are a lot of old threads basically not active anymore but still people just posting/replying even though no activities since many months.

I think this may can be improved by adding the date when the thread was started or when last post has been made??

Or perhaps separate them somehow from new/active threads??

Another issue is that "newcomers" should at least make a short intro (in my point of view) since quite a number of annoying posts are placed from people putting their email address and phone number without reasons.

Cheers

I believe the policy is to leave old threads open if they still have relevant information or are subject to having new and relevant information added, since others searching the topic discussed can then access the information too. Sometimes it is a bit of a minor annoyance, but it probably is better that we as members put up with it, than to deprive others of some information or advice they may desparately need.

Regarding new members introducing themselves, Expat-blog has provided numerous opportunities to do just that on the main Expat Forum page and in almost all of the national forums as well. Many newcomers simply don't make use of that feature. It isn't something that we can force on people.

You make very valid points, but can you suggest any alternatives that would be acceptable to the majority of members? I know that these are issues that TEAM has been struggling with for a very long time and there don't seem to be many ways to resolve them to everyone's satisfaction.

I did not ask to close old threads instead looking for a alternative to somehow highlight what a new respectively old thread is to make it easier to people.

Also I am the opinion that old threads do not always have updated informations and can mislead so it would be more wise to start a new thread
The

If you look at the column on the extreme left of the topic list in any forum you will see that the date or time is indicated and the user name of last member who posted. Perhaps a first posted date would also be helpful as you suggest. I'm sure that TEAM will see this and consider your suggestion. Also the number of replies to any given topic (which is shown) can be an indicator of the amount of time that it has been around or just how important it may be.

Regarding introductions, I don't hold out much hope at all that we'll ever see even half of the newcomers actually introduce themselves. It would be nice if they would make an introduction however.

There are some threads and advertisments on here over 2 years old. I am not being rude but this site needs a clean up moderater

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR