Professional sportwoman want to improve english - which city is best?

Hi, I am a spanish girl. I would like to go to England for improve my english.
I am profesional sportwomen in running so I would have that training there.
I would know what city is better for me.

DEPORTISTA go to america it would be way better, what Latin schools teach about English, only match in the written text, what comes out from their mouth 99% of times is totally different.

so if you want to improve syntax , grammar, vocabulary, word structure, USA is the right choice, forget English pronunciation and dictation, they all are farmers here lmao

here some words that i invite you to say and ask the same to a British native :

mayor, about, world, hello, home, visitor, nothing.

ricard257 wrote:

DEPORTISTA go to america it would be way better, what Latin schools teach about English, only match in the written text, what comes out from their mouth 99% of times is totally different.

so if you want to improve syntax , grammar, vocabulary, word structure, USA is the right choice, forget English pronunciation and dictation, they all are farmers here lmao

here some words that i invite you to say and ask the same to a British native :

mayor, about, world, hello, home, visitor, nothing.

A poem i found on English Pronunciation, to add to your post. We do pronounce Words in the most confusing ways :/

If you can pronounce correctly every word in this poem, you will be speaking English better than 90% of the native English speakers in the world.
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2011/12/23/eng … unciation/

I am thinking about it..thank you very much ricard 257! :)

agree with you, is just  that  poTAtoes   POtatoes can be confusing sometimes, like  retain and Britain, the ain have totally different sounds when pronounced in Latin that would never happen, only starting vocals can be pronounced with a different sound like gap and gillott,( Latin new learners would pronounce as "guillott") either way just saying that accents can make learning more dificult

Hello All  :cheers:

@ DEPORTISTA : So as to help you get more visibility and response to your post, a new thread was created from the latter on the England Forum.

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Deportista,

There are many universities in the USA which offer full scholarships to professional woman, please search through the net , in case of difficulty, send me a mail and I will send you some links.

You are missing the main point:

You will learn good english in the UK as well as USA, you must choose a country where you have a bright future: