Having problem answering private messages....

Hello guys, im having problem in answering my private messages, everytime I send my reply on my private messages, the site says,"your message hasn't been sent, in order to prevent issues, the private message system is not fully activated, for new users. Did u introduce yourself on the furom, please post a few messages on the furom and your message system will be fully activated " I already introduced myself in the furom and post few messsges as well, still im having the same problem...any idea what shall I do inorder to fix this problem?

I believe you need to post 10 or more meaningful posts to get activated.
Posts like HI, How are you, Anyone there, It's me, Have a good day and so on don't really count on getting your messages activated.

Bob K

Hi jinkz,

As Bob K said, you should participate more on the forum to get your private message system unblocked automatically. Please read the anti spam system rules here > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238

Thank you

i also have the same problem. Hello everyone

All you need to do is PARTICIPATE in the forums. That will activate your private message privileges. The more you participate the larger your mailbox capacity will become too.

How are we as members supposed to get to know you if you don't post anything? Why would we as members even accept unsolicited private messages from people we don't know? Why would we as members want OUR mailboxes filled up with SPAM from someone we don't know?

aliman6 wrote:

i have same problem

Did you read ANY of the previous postings, or are you just adding your name to the list of people who DIDN'T?

Participate in the forums, that activates your mailboxes. Don't send out copy & paste spam because that gets your mailboxes locked out. Simple as that. What's not to understand?????

Ooops, too late with the warning. Looks like that's exactly what he was here for.... sending out copy & paste spam and got himself banned right away!

Remember "you can't fix stupid"

Bob K

Ain't that the truth!!!  :dumbom:

I am having a little different issue. When ever I try to post messages, I get an error saying that I have posted too make cut and post messages.... Well in fact I have not and that I should post some messages on forums to reactivite my account... Strange!!!

My problem with my private messaging is ok now, thank you guys for the info, just need to participate in the forums....then private messaging will be activated.

I did participate in the forums...

Paulmat wrote:

I am having a little different issue. When ever I try to post messages, I get an error saying that I have posted too make cut and post messages.... Well in fact I have not and that I should post some messages on forums to reactivite my account... Strange!!!

Copy and paste private messages ARE NOT permitted, the Automated Anti-Spam System detects them and your mailbox gets locked out. That's what has caused your problem.

Your post activity show that you were active 4 months ago and 6 months ago, nothing recent... that's not what you can call PARTICIPATING in the forums.

Mrose
READ THE ABOVE posts.
You need to contribute and be active before you can use the PM application.

Bob K

I have the same problem :(

Imod.barbekan wrote:

Helle
I have problem my private massage will no send
Can you activity please

Yes, more activity of you on the forum please - then this problem will disappear.

yup... experiencing that right now...

Just do what I did, participate in the forums, then your private messaging will be activated...

Hello vanj,

Since your posting count shows this is your very first post since you registered in July 2013 your mailboxes were never activated in the first place.

All new members are required to post to the forums in order to activate their private message privileges, there are no exceptions. For the system you're still considered a new member by your posting count, thus you're still unable to send private messages.

Cheers,
James

I'm having the same problem

me too.. guess i have to post some in the forums :)

I have same problem.. :(

jurgita.sen wrote:

I have same problem.. :(

Gee, that's really strange because I don't have any problems at all and my mailboxes are so large they never get filled up!!!

Then again I've posted on the forums over 6,000 times now. Maybe you should try that.

Thank you I will try to participate in forums as much as possible ;))

Read ALL the above posts (1-24) and you should  be able to figure it out!

Participate!

Bob K

I have the same problem as well :/ Im not able to send private messages anymore

Hi alcoi,

It seems you can't read as well.
See above.
We close the thread.

Armand
Expat.com Team

Closed

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR