Teaching English in Saudi Arabia. """"Woman""""

My husband is considering relocating in Saudi Arabia he's getting a great position.
I have been relucant to move to Saudi Arabia Because  As a woman  there isn't much to do. So I'm thinking to work as a language teacher ( Frensh or english).

Could anyone provide me informations if:

1) Am I allowed to work according to the Saudi Law As will have a Spousal Visa.

2) What are the requirements to teach a languange  especialy for a foreign woman.

Hello.

It might be far more helpful for you to post your query in the KSA forum. Expats there could then give you a far more authoritative answer.

siziff wrote:

Hey, try to post this in the saudian forum, here don't think will be of much help :)

Wow, how intelligent! Exactly what I suggested several hours ago.

Hi umas12 and welcome to Expat.com!

Your topic is now on the Saudi Arabia forum.

No, you can not work unless you have a work visa.  What you *can* do is transfer your sponsorship to a prospective employer.  Once you come here, look for jobs, and once you find one, they can transfer your sponsorship.

You want to teach in a school, university, or language institute?  You need to have a degree in the language and/or, for example, a TEFL certificate if you wan to teach English.

hi and welcome to Riyadh !

if you got residence permit , you can work for any company or school you wish ,

mohammed Al-alami wrote:

hi and welcome to Riyadh !

if you got residence permit , you can work for any company or school you wish ,

It is important not to post false advice.

It is illegal to work unless you are under the sponsorship of your employer. Just having a residence permit is not enough. Having a residence permit means you are living here legally, it does not mean you can work here.

my friend ,

if she got the residence permit she can transfer  her sponsorship easily : )
and that's what i mean .
it's good to ask for details before you judge people : )

Sorry, but you did not mention transferring of sponsorship in your previous post, and due to that, it was highly misleading for a new person or for someone who does not know the laws.

if she got the residence permit she can transfer  her sponsorship

Thank you guys for the reponses.
Actually I'm afraid to get bored.
how about volunteering ???