Construction Safety

I am currenty considering Ecuador as a place to live and wonder if there is any need for a construction safety advisor? I have my own business (incorporated) and would like to hear from anyone that may have information regarding this.

Thank you,
Cindy2301

Be very cautious with NA developers/development projects that never get off the ground.  In EC you have to consider Third World construction issues ( reliable labor, standards, materials, inadequate infrastructure, etc). Also climate, geography are other things to consider depending on your preferences

Well, if you speak Spanish you will be able to communicate with builders or arquitects. Many times people don't advertise in internet,. It happen to me that I tried to contact a building co by internet and they never responded to my emails. I had to go and find the office so I can talk to someone.
If you want to take a look at goodlifeinecuador.wordpress.com you will find my journey on building on the Ecuadorian coast.
About safety on building, just look around. Ecuador is sit down on the circle of fire and many old buildings still are on their feet. Specailly in the highlands. That tells you something. Also, a way to make a home sismic resistant is using good rebar. I heard about people saying that better leave the builder do whatever he says, since the way to build is diferent than in the States.

That is true but I totally disagree on let someone else decided over my safety.
There is things tha are common sense, is not about the way to build.
Again, search in internet (hope you can do it in Spanish) and you will see why in earthquakes buildings are on their feet.
Pd: Please don't give money to anyone without a notarized doc.
Notarization is diferent in Ec than in the States. Please, ask people that you migth know, people who is here, with real experience.