Temporary Spousal Visa

Hi,

Sorry to post a new topic on something that I'm sure has been discussed.  I have searched around for a long time and found nothing that answered my questions or that wasn't outdated by the new legislation.

Simply, what do we need to do and what paperwork is required?  We have not, on paper, cohabited for any period of time, relying on travelling together, and my extended stays in South Africa to get by.  This seems integral to the Life Partner Visa but not to the Temporary Spousal Visa, nor does the condition of the length of time you have been together (which is fewer than two years for us).  I want to stress this is not simply a visa marriage.  We would always have done it at some point but cannot bear the thought of the required time apart to do it any other way and have only recently decided for sure that the best thing for us is a permanent life in South Africa.  From what I understand it is simply a Relatives Visa which requires only the following things:

A duly completed BI-1738application form
A passport with at least 1 free page for a visa. The passport must be valid for 30 days after end of the intended visit
A vaccination certificate, if required by the Act.
Payment of the prescribed fee (not applicable for the spouse or dependent children of a South African citizen/permanent resident)
A cash deposit equivalent value to a return or onward ticket (not required for the spouse or dependent children of South African citizen/permanent resident).
A statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit and proof that you are an immediate family member of a South African citizen/permanent resident (a full birth certificate for children, a marriage certificate in the case of a spouse and proof of kinship for others)
A police clearance certificate from each country in which you resided for 12 months or longer since the age of 18 years
Medical and radiology reports for yourself and all family members accompanying you (pregnant women and children younger than 12 years need not submit these reports)
Proof of South African citizenship or permanent residence of the relative in South Africa in the form of an identity document or passport
Proof availability of a minimum amount of R5 000 per month per person for living expenses (this does not apply for a spouse or dependent minor child of a South African citizen/permanent resident)
If applying at a regional office, you must be in possession of and submit a valid temporary residence permit, in terms of Regulation 7(6)

And also this must be done from the UK.  Is that really it?  And does it matter where the marriage takes place?  Work endorsements I understand are fairly straightforward from then on, just requiring a job offer.  Can this be done from SA if a Spouse Visa has been granted?

Thank you so much for your time and would appreciate any response.

Many Thanks,

Mark

Mark - don't count on sorting out ANYTHING in South Africa. This country is in havoc after the new changes with backlog to clear. Get married in UK and apply from UK for spousal visa.
Work endorsments should be OK, but it will be faster if your wife comes back to UK even for that.
Good luck!

Mark, have you applied for anything from the UK yet? And, if so, how long did it take? Wondering what's the processing time. I've been told from somebody who did the Life Partner route and applied from the UK that it took them six months to have the visa approved!