Trustworthy lawyer

hi, i am buying a bed and breakfast in  io dulce, but to do the transaction and all legalities i am in need of a trustworthy lawyer. i am australian hut live iin antigua. thanks

Hi lago123,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Guatemala forum for more visibility.

As this is your first post, can you please tell us more about you and your project?

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

hi Christine, there is not much to tell. the house is an existing one but very run down.. my son is a chef and we are investing because of him. all i need is e reputable, trustworthy soliciter who will handle the sale. e.g, check that there is no mortgage, the place is registered etc. I heard that lawyers are not all working in the best interest of their client and as i am a foreigner it is best to have one recommened that another person was happy with.

I have heard that it's better to go with a woman than a man (not meaning to be sexist here).
I have used 2 attorneys: there's an office in front of merced (1st street) that has a few attorneys. forget the name.
the other is on 5ave sur on the NE corner of 7th or 8th street.