Looking for a job

Hello Everyone!

Not sure if this forum is still running but if it is I would appreciate getting as much help as possible.
I graduated in May of 2014 with a degree in Spanish secondary education (K-12) and am looking to move to Mexico as early as next month. I would love to find a full-time job teaching either Spanish or English. I had previously heard that it is best to find a position in an international school because the pay is competitive and they offer to cover relocation and visa expenses, housing stipends, as well as a yearly trip home. Does anyone know if this is true or know of any possible positions available? I continue to search online extensively but have had a hard time finding more than a few websites that allow me to search positions at no cost. After finding only a handful of positions and sending out several emails, I only received one response stating the positions available and asking if I was interested. I quickly replied yes and have yet to hear back from them. Given that the school year begins next month, I am getting rather nervous. Any help on this would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.

You would get a faster, better response in the jobs section.
good luck

Okay, I will repost in the jobs section. Thanks!

Hi,

International schools here (MX) do most of their hiring through a handful of job fairs held in different U.S. cities from early winter to mid-spring. Regarding housing allowances, etc..., I can only say that the American schools does meet most, if not all, of your requirements. There are a couple of items that you should be aware of. Getting hired outside of Mexico will get you foreign pay which is far more significant. Attending the U.S. job fairs is a must. Many international school reps attend these. Teachers are required to sign a two year contract. Also requiring serious consideration, my understanding is that the pay at the different American schools is similar no matter which city you end up working in. Guadalajara, for example, is noticeably less expensive than Mexico City.

Good luck and congrats on your degree,
David