HELP NEEDED IMMEDIATELY IN SOSUA - July 19, 2014

William MacDouglas needs blood TONIGHT!! . He needs A negative!! If you have O negative that WILL work. He needs 4 donors! Please post elsewhere. He Is in CMC

An expat has been shot and is in desire need of blood.  A request has gone out through all Facebook channels for Sosua for help.  (La Mulata Neighborhood Watch)

If you have this type of blood, PLEASE consider helping as this man is in great need.

Thank you.
David Schmidt

I hope he gets the help he needs. Sorry I cannot help but lets hope others do! Please update us.

Thank you Planner............. appreciate your help.    I'll keep you posted when I hear more.

Yes the  word has spread through out the community here.

Bob K

Good to hear!

I hope he's pulled through. Is there any update? Any idea what happened?

Just curious, did this gentleman pull through? Was the incident reported in the local newspaper or internet? Was this an attempted robbery? Seems like crime against expats is on the rise in Sosua:-( Hope he pulls through.

Not much information about which is a bit unusual.  However last report was blood no longer needed and that he was improving.

Bob K

Thanks for the update Bob.

You are welcome. Still not much information on the situation but as long as he is getting better that is really all that matters.

Bob K

And lets not go into supposition here.  Lets hope he is doing well.

I agree with you planner, that is the reason why I was hoping to get some more details on what happened, but let's keep it real, crime in PP has been on the rise for quite some time due to the many closing of area resorts and a lack of job availability :-( and in most cases where there has been this type of incident involving an expat, it has been robbery related, it is not expats injuring other expats, but I agree that the main issue is this gentleman's recovery.

Agreed.  If we want to discuss all the other issues then lets start a new thread!

Bob............ I've sent an email to the folks who are personally involved with this gentleman, and once I receive a response on his current condition, I will forward the information.

Hope you're having a great day!

Planner, I have received information from those at his bedside, and he has been transferred from ICU to a private room, he's in good spirits and I've been told will be heading home in next 2 days.   

Great news!    Nothing like a happy ending to make a person's day :)

Thank you to everyone who donated blood.

Dave just checked and got the same info. He should be home in a couple days.  A very lucky dude for sure

Bob K

I am very happy to hear this!!!

Good News Indeed.