Malaysian airlines MH17

It is with overwhelming sadness to see the news this morning of another massive loss of life with the downing of flight MH17, my heart felt condolences to all who have lost friends or relatives, especially as the result of war. My heart and prayers are with you all at this time. Mark.

It is devastating, especially with the upcoming Eid holidays. Read in the news a family was coming home to celebrate Eid after being away for 3 years, both parents and their 3 teenagers died. The grandmother is heartbroken.

We are all greatly saddened for all the people who were lost in MH17 :(
Condolences to their families and friends.

Dear Fellow Malaysians,

As all of you are very much aware, our beloved country Malaysia was hit by another tragic news when our National Carrier, Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 from Amsterdam bound for Kuala Lumpur went down in Eastern Ukraine on Thursday, 17 July 2014.

The tragedy perished the lives of 298 passengers comprising of 283 passengers and 15 crews.

As we Malaysian and the whole world mourns over this terrible and shocking incident, we fellow Malaysian must stand more united in facing this trying times for our beloved country.

Therefore it is with our deepest sympathy, we wish to express our deepest condolence to all the family members, friends and colleagues of who had lost their loved ones in MH17.

In respect to this unfortunate incident, the Consulate General of Malaysia will open the condolence book for MH17.  I call upon you, and all fellow Malaysians in South Vietnam to stand united and in the spirit of solidarity with the world in expressing our thoughts and feelings to this tragic mishap.

Details as follows:

Date and time:

Monday, 21 July 2014            12.00pm  3.30pm

Tuesday, 22 July 2014           9.00am  12.00pm and 1.00pm  3.30pm

Wednesday. 23 July 2014      9.00am- 12.00pm and 1.00pm-3.30pm

Venue:

Consulate General of Malaysia

2102-2104, Me Linh Point Tower

No 2, Ngo Duc Ke Street

District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

In mourning this incident too, the Consulate General of Malaysia also invites all Malaysian enterprises/entities to fly our Jalur Gemilang and you company flag half-mast from today 21 July 2014  23 July 2014.

Thank you.

SHAZRYLL ZAHIRAN

CONSUL GENERAL OF MALAYSIA

I wonder how much publicity this would have received, if it hadn't have been Malaysian Airlines 2 nd loss? ( well, not actually a loss, they have found this one ), meanwhile in Syria, Afghanistan, Israel/Gaza, Ukraine, etc, etc, people are dying everyday, and have been/will be, for a long time yet.

Yes Chris, and I am sure wherever they are those who loose thier lives as a result of humanities ( a term I use very loosely)envy or gealousy of others, will be in all our prayers and concerns. It never ceases to bewilder me as to why humans need to cause pain to others, even in the display of ones grief there are those who would belittle the suffering of others by comparing it with other equal or greater events, when we are in pain we need that time, with respect. Our pain is just that,our's. lol Mark

I did fly with Malaysian airline once, it was great service, good for value.
This year has been such a disaster for the airline after 2 horrible accidents
i read newspaper this morning, Malaysian airline is expected to go bankrupt soon :(