New to Germany and seeking advice.

Hallo,

My hometown is Southview, PA (very small) and typically I work in Pittsburgh as an Analyst working on multiple projects.  In the past I have worked for the electrical and health care industry and previous to this I worked in the medical filed in the ER. 
I just moved to Germany about 3 months ago so I could be next to my son and I wanted to share my limited experience and perhaps get some tips and learn something in the process.  Currently job searching has not worked out at all since everyplace I talk to wants that I have the Work Visa already but in order to get that I need a job offer.  I am wondering if anyone knows of companies that are willing to work with Germany so that I can obtain this Work Visa which I heard is not impossible for them to obtain but difficult to get them to follow with the steps required.  Also if anyone else has any other tips for me please send them.

Thank you and I wish all of you the best!

JustinT

Hello JustinT1975  :cheers:

Welcome to Expat.com :D

Could you please tell us in which field you are seeking employment? You could check out our section Jobs in Germany.

Regards
Kenjee

Thank you for the quick reply!

I am very open to any field however I really enjoyed the Energy and Medical Field the most.  I would be also interested in looking into Banking as well.

Dear Justin,

You may wish to consider pursuing freelancer status in Germany. Companies may be willing to hire you on this basis, and if you have a contract offer, you will be able to make a case to the Auslaenderbehoerde.

If you more information about this, there is already plenty of info out there online. Just google around a bit and I'm sure you'll find out more.

Best of luck,
Lisa

You are very unspecific in what you want to do and what skills you have.
Basically, in order to get a work permit for you, the employer needs to show to the authorities that they cannot find a suitably skilled EU citizen (who would have to be preferentially hired, by law). So you need to focus on those niche areas where you have knowledge, experience or skills that are rare but in demand. You need to have a clear edge there above the "normal" Europeans.
And remember: You have to convince an employer that it is in their own best interest to hire you (and nobody else), e.g. by focussing on what you can do for them. They are NOT waiting for you!
Good luck!

Once you apply with the Ouslander, they should issue a temp 3 month residency and provide you with 2 forms, once you have a job, you will fill one, and the employer will fill out the other one.

I would suggest that you say you have the right to work in Germany, and upon hiring ask them to complete that form for you. I am a US citizen, I am assuming you are as well.
German people get a little overwhelmed when they feel they are sponsoring. The issue I am running into is the need to know German language in addition to any language you speak. I speak English, Arabic and Moderate Spanish and having a really hard time securing a position, so I came to London, much more jobs, live is fun and easy going, lots of American Companies opening here. It's only 1:45 min fights to Germany and airlines tickets can cost from 17-59 Euros if reserved in advance.
Good luck to you I hope I was able to answer your question.