Travelling the world - Obtaining Indonesian SOSBUD-Visa in Sri-Lanka

Dear all,

I am planning a world-trip and Indonesia is one of the places I want to visit and stay for a limited period - approximately 4-5 months according to my travel-plan. I have already booked a one way ticket to Panama and I expect to arrive Indonesia during August / September 2015.

Before arriving Indonesia I will most probably be in Sri-Lanka, and I was thinking to apply for the SOSBUD-VISA while I am there. I am now in contact with an Indonesian Visa-agency regarding SOSBUD, they offered a sponsor-letter for RP 1 500 000.

So, with the sponsor-letter in my reach - I am wondering if I should actually pay for the sponsor-letter now and then, when in Sri-Lanka, apply for the SOSBUD-Visa.

Or, go for the VISA-run when in Indonesia.

Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore are not included in my "plan" but of course - I will make necessary adjustment to reach my goal; Staying limited time in Indonesia.

I am hoping that we together can come with budget-friendly suggestions and maybe as less hassle as possible.

Some quick information about me:
- I will not work during my travel
- My journey starts 15.01.2015
- I hold a Norwegian passport

Thank you for reading this post, the comments are much appreciated!

Thank you.

You don't need a social/cultural visa for a long stay (up to 180 days) any more.  All you need is a 60 day visit visa, which just like the old social/cultural visa is renewable here in country for up to four times, each time being good for another 30 days.  On the second renewal immigration may ask you to bring a sponsor letter with your third renewal application but by that time you should know one or two locals who would be willing to provide that for you.  No need to spend 1.5 million for an agent's sponsorship letter, and the 60 day visit visa is easy enough to apply for yourself at any Indonesian embassy.

Dear Ubudian,

Thank you so much for replying!
I believe the Indonesian Embassy in Sri Lanka haven't updated their requirements on their homepage yet.
URL to the requirements for applying VISA: colombo.indonesianvisa.org/?l=en

Again,

Thank you!