International driving licence from Pakistan

Hi
I have been reading a lot this forum to understand what is there in Bahrain for me as i join a job in Aug.
Can any one tell if an international driving license from Pakistan work there in Bahrain-will it be useful.

Cheers

I m also from pk and unfortunately they not...
We have to go through the whole process which is very lengthy and daunting...

I have got my driving test date in August after waiting long but now I m hearing some terrible stories that they don't pass the expats in first test, so I m very much upset and scared.. don't know this is true or not., can any senior members comment on this plz....???

Thats not encouraging. When did you apply Zohaib?

The Pakistani licence either international or local is not recognized by the directorate of traffic. You will have to go through the process from scratch. You can inquire about your licence though it might get you to do less training hours rather than 22. As for getting a licence for an expat is a struggle in Bahrain. Most probably you will have to wait from 4-6 months for every single driving test. And you have to be spot on to pass your first test.

Thanks Lfc Red

Its not only struggle rather very daunting... n expats coming over should be informed of this worst factor for their decision making to settle here or not.. no public transports, expensive taxi mafia and no license..!
Majority getting license in or after 2nd test.. they intentionally fail u in 1st so that the process gets delayed n less number of vehicles on roads..
I am frustrated because of this...

I dont think the authorities intentionally fail anyone.

I got my licence in the very first attempt. And I know so many expatriates who have got their licences at the first attempt. You drive well, you pass. You drive bad or are nervous, then you fail. Its as simple as that.

It is a driving test. You have to be spot on. If you can convince the driving examiner that you are a good driver, they will not fail you. But if you mess something up, then they cannot pass you. This is not a nursery spelling test for the examiner to feel sorry for you and push you through.

I know lots of people fail their driving test, but its mainly due to mistakes and lack of confidence.

Bahrain driving test is difficult. But if you prepare properly and get fully trained and confident then you will pass. I know you can. I did!

Good luck to you both.

Thank you Farhaz. I believe that you are right but the irony is that the application process takes months and as i hear your turn comes after several months.

zohaibarshad wrote:

Its not only struggle rather very daunting... n expats coming over should be informed of this worst factor for their decision making to settle here or not.. no public transports, expensive taxi mafia and no license..!
Majority getting license in or after 2nd test.. they intentionally fail u in 1st so that the process gets delayed n less number of vehicles on roads..
I am frustrated because of this...

This has been done for those who ask the question.

Lengthy driving licensing process, expensive taxis, no public transport, and the tyre burning ceremonies - all have been written about.

This is why we request everyone to try and read the posts in at least the first few pages of the Forum.

Ahmedsaraz wrote:

Thank you Farhaz. I believe that you are right but the irony is that the application process takes months and as i hear your turn comes after several months.

That is unfortunately true. There such a huge amount of people applying for licences.

So the best way to resolve this is to ensure you prepare properly and do well in the driving test and get your licence the first time.

A small tip - I did the prerequisite number if hours to apply for the test. Then during the "waiting period" I continued with extra lessons to make sure I don't forget anything. Even on the day of my test, I had a complete lesson a few hours before the test. That way I calmed my nerves and was fully prepared. Result - licence received at first attempt. I know this is a bit more expensive but think if the time, money and effort wasted otherwise.

Best wishes.

Thanks bro. Any average time estimates for getting the instructor, completing a course and then waiting time. I am btw a complete driver.

Driving License will not work in Bahrain either it is international or local. Here they have rules very difficult to get the license due to the process i only get resigtered but never try for license.

You will come to know once arrived.

Welcome to Bahrain

Ahmedsaraz wrote:

Thanks bro. Any average time estimates for getting the instructor, completing a course and then waiting time. I am btw a complete driver.

Its anybody's guess.

I heard there is always a long waiting list and driving instructors have become very money minded.

It could be a long wait, unfortunately.