Teaching job with oxford vision

Hello, I am a science teacher and I am applying for a teaching job in Kazahztan.

Hello po karmz_zee , I am applying for a teaching job with oxford vision. I just want to ask that during their interview and orientation, they did not inform you on how much will be the expected salary? oh my ... I also want to know.

Hi! They told me its 1000 usd....see you tomorrow.

OMG .. NOT as I was expecting ...

My schedule is on the 16th pa .... but i hope will be seeing each other there.

They did not tell you as how much? I have friends whom I meet in the blog but they told me its 800usd...

Can I add you to my contact on this forum? I am applying for a teaching job there and I have so many quesitons and apprehensions about the place but i am curious at the same time.

Hi Nylednuj,

Welcome on board :)

We have created a new thread as from your posts on the Kazakhstan Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien

"... apprehensions about the place ..."

As far as safety goes, it is rated by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs as safer than many other countries such as Turkey, Thailand, Indonesia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Russia, India, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Philippines, Mexico, Egypt, Brasil and so on, which are all rated as either exercise a high degree of caution, reconsider need to travel, or do not travel ...

Kazakhstan is rated along with the UK, Australia, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, France, Belgium and so on as the lowest level which is exercise normal safety precautions ... ie, don't wave your Rolex watch or Hermes Birkin bag around at people in the various bazaars ... although you could probably do it in Esentai Mall in Almaty and not attract attention ...

One of the bigger problems in Kazakhstan is the bizarre level of bureaucracy, some inherited from the former Soviet Union, some which they have invented themselves and dumped on top of the pre-existing bureaucracy. Some which they have plagarised from other countries and have just cut and pasted it into their own.

This has led to vast amounts of contradictory laws and rules which make absolutely no sense whatsoever. The government recognises this, but is yet to actually do anything about it ...

This is why you will see a notary office every 20 metres or so (interspersed with pharmacies, far too many to be considered healthy in my opinion). Without a notary, you will be stuck to navigate this system of bureaucracy for just about anything official you wish to do.

Some provide translation services, but check beforehand that they are not using Google Translate to perform this task ... sometimes even government departments and banks use this and your documents will end up looking like a bad joke ... for instance, your name will bear no resemblance to the one you were christened with ... and the document will be worthless for any official purpose, despite being issued by a government department.

Ensure that you check every official document that you receive, twice, three times or more, until you are absolutely 100% sure that there are no contradictory dates or translations made, then and only then you can relax until the next round of documentation.

This is especially important with respect to work permits, visas, immigration "cards" (the risible tiny piece of paper you fill out when you arrive, do not lose or damage it, it will not go well for you when you wish to leave the country ...)

The people, by and large are generally kind and welcoming, but the level of service is below what you might expect in a Western country ... even in $500 per night hotels a western level of service is struggling to be detected ...

If you are in a major centre, food of most types will be available, but bear in mind that horse is the favourite meat here and that butchering skills of other meats tend to have a long way to go before they reach standards that you may be used to.

Prices also are not rock bottom for many items, you may receive a shock at some prices/lack of availability of things here.

Public transport is fine as long as you stick to the larger buses and "official" taxis, avoid the small buses and unofficial taxis. Generally if you are in a cafe, restaurant, hotel or other similar place, you can ask them to call a taxi for you.

In some regions and cities, it can be bitterly cold in winter, down as low as -55C in mine, but most places have efficient central heating and good double or triple glazing to ameliorate this problem and outside, dress by layering. However, in summer, air-conditioning is relatively rare, when the temperatures can rise to the 40C level.

Hi maam. Nakita ku po kau dto sa blog. Nahire po ba kau ng oxford vision? Tnx