Any recommended school for learning chinese (character)?

Please advice ....

I would like to learn Chinese character.

Prefer location near People Square @Shanghai

Hello jiajiavon

I invite you to check out our business directory to find out an institution that may help you out :

>> Language institutions in Shanghai

Regards
Kenjee

try mandarin garden. They have good teachers and request the class on the 1000 most common characters. With that and an iphone you can read everything!
HSK is for making money not functioning in society

I'm using Skritter to learn the characters, it's a very useful and fun APP and less expensive than a teacher.

I've been studying at Mandarin Garden on yan An Xi Lu and Ding Xi Lu in Shanghai. I find the free programs are great but without the motivation of a teacher it is hard. Studying the most common characters is a trick. With the 1000 most common characters that are solid I'm flying. Lisa

Hi;
I'm Karen, a native mandarin speaker, if you haven't found a chinese teacher, I'd like to help with your Chinese.
BTW:  I'm mild & patient, well educated with a master degree from the University of Hong Kong.
If you are interested, my wechat ID is: karenhku

yes the state department teaches the most common 1000 characters. I did hsk and Icoulnd't read anything . After getting really solid the most common 1000 I can read most all correspondance road signs etc. Go to yellow bridge.com it is free but you learn a little faster if you become a member and it only quizzes you on what you don't know. I review 500 one day and 500 the next. The problem is retaining it out of contest. Good luck it sure worked for me! un abrazo LISA

people's square is almost the center of Shanghai, you do not need to worry about the school for leaning Chinese, just google the school nearby, welcome to Shanghai! if you wanna make friends here, i'd like to be the first, my Wechat ID kevinchou86 : )