Living and working in Bahrain - A little description please?

Hi everyone, im new in this blog.
Next month im moving in Bahrain for working as hostess.
Its my very first time that i will live abroad and im a little bit scared.
If its possible to know how is living in Bahrain, how the people are, are they friendly?
Are there any place to hang out with new friends at days off?
I will really appriciate if any one can give me a short description about living and working in Bahrain.
Best regards

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Bahrain is a great place to live and everyone makes friends easily. Lots of places to go on days off but as you haven't listed any hobbies I can't advise. Also "hostess" can mean a lot of things, so again please elaborate and give the area you will be working in which will also help us to help you.

May I suggest that you take some time to read through the forum which will give you a much better indication as to life here.

Thank you. I have been reading a lot about everything in Bahrain, and this forum helped me a lot.

Hello there :)

Congrats that you're moving to Bahrain , well to-be-honest , Bahrain is a friendly country if you compare with the rest of GCC states !

If you compare the culture too , well Bahrain gives more freedom than any GCC state , women drive , the large number of pubs and night clubs and better Labour Laws !

People aren't so racist over here , many are educated !!

I have my Bahraini friends and they're kind , but bad people are everywhere you know  :lol:

Hanging out , well , there are many places to spend free time , malls , theaters , coffee shops , and whenever you're bored , you got night clubs to have some fun !

Regarding "Hostess" are you in the "Food and Beverages Hostess" in a hotel or something ?

Or an Air Hostess in an airline ?

Living expenses are not too costly nor too cheap , well mostly depends on the package you're offered here !

Anymore queries , feel free to ask ;)

you are welcome to this beautiful island

This thread is 4 years old. Most of the posters are no longer active.