Work Permit

i am in a fix and i need advice here. i tried several recruiting sites for teaching jobs as a professional science teacher but had no response since. somebody advised that it is easier getting the job when "on the ground" rather than relying on recruitment sites. on that advise, i am considering coming to Kuwait on visit visa to try and get a job offer within my period of stay and then move out to say Barrhain and come back with the work visa. i however need answers to the following questions.
- can i get a job offer within the period allowed with a visit visa?
- will a school be able to process a work permit for me  within the period of my stay on a visit visa?
- what are the conditions for extending a visit visa, the cost, and for how long can i extend?
- how would you rate the risk involved? please use minimal, average and high to rate the risk i am considering.

Hi and welcome to Expat-blog.
Its a good idea to come here and apply for jobs.You can get a job here within your visa period but you need to have some HR officers contacts and you should have some international teaching experience too.

Moo wrote:

Hi and welcome to Expat-blog.
Its a good idea to come here and apply for jobs.You can get a job here within your visa period but you need to have some HR officers contacts and you should have some international teaching experience too.

for international experience, I don't have but have been teaching in the Government sector for almost five years now. how do I get contacts of human resource officers? any link? I will be very grateful if there is any assist anybody here can offer

Here you go List of  Kuwait Education Schools and list of Expat Schools Go through the school website and apply one by one. Good Luck.