Filipino Community in HCM, Vietnam

scarlett2014 wrote:

Hey everyone! I'm planning to move there in Vietnam. I'm currently n Dubai now. I just wanna know if its easy to get a job there. And I'm looking for a 1 bedroom in district 2.. Looking for a new friends to hang out once a get there...
Thanks... ☺☺

Hi! You may want to check below link. There might be something helpful for you.
Accommodation
Work

Thanks a lot....

Hi! I am not sure if you are still in Vietnam as your post dated way back in July and i just happen to join this forum today. Totoo, masarap may kausap lalu na hindi nababaluktot English mo or hindi nagdurugo ilong mo. Anyways if you are still here, I also want to have new people to talk with. Drop me a message. Thanks.

Hi there!

im from philippines, soon will visit VIETNAM ... quiet excited... hope you can help me locate good, safe, cheap accomodation & recommended tourist destination ... Free " BOY BAWANG " pasalubong for those who wil help me hehehe... ill be there Nov 27 onwards will explore  hochimihn & hanoi...

God Bless mga Kabayan!!!
AngeL

hello angel! thanks for the add... so ur coming soon.. for how many days? alone or with friends?

Any Pinoy who is interested to share in having 1 flat instead of we are looking for room...for those who are new in HCM please email me at jundelos@hotmail,com and we'll plan and have a flat or house to rent.

hello there, im living here at hcm city district 2 in an phu. who want to meet me here to help you to find some appartment and house.. pls. contact me at +841264618795..

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/ENGLISH_zps6781a35b.jpg

Despite numerous reminders that this is an English speaking forum it seems that some of the people here just don't understand that we do have rules that should be followed.

When posting to the Vietnam (Anglophone) Forum or other Anglophone forums, please post in ENGLISH ONLY out of consideration to all of our members.

Please take the time to read the VIETNAM FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT it contains some of the basic rules that our members are expected to adhere to when posting to this forum.

Actually we have 5 separate language-specific forums (English, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese) which can all be accessed by clicking on the flag icon in the green banner at the top of this page and selecting the desired language from the drop-down window. When posting to any of them please use ONLY the specific language of the forum.

Your cooperation and understanding will be appreciated by everyone.

Cheers,
James                Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi mylene im live here at an phu anh kanh?! your right,! there's a lot of filipinos here. im a bit of shy too, when i hear them speak in tagalog, and i want to move out here to find more cheaper appartment.. if you find some appartment near in anh kanh pls let me know. coz im working here same place in a korean trading company... thnks..

Hi

There are so many filipino are living and working in Saigon, Binh Duong and Dong Nai. They are mainly working in furniture industy as finishing guys. They are good at paint.

There are 4 filipino colleagues are working for my company as Product develop manager, Quality control manager, finishing manager and another finishing man. They bring their wives and children to come here to visit too.

Also there is a bar named 17th saloon in Pham Ngu Lao street where there are filipino singers. Their voices are very strong, they cand dance and sing all night. Come and enjoy a night there, you will enjoy it.

Finally, welcome to Vietnam !!!

Best regards,

Sarah

Hello,

I would like to get a job in HCMC, I already visited HCMC twice and I fell in love with the city. Looking forward to a long term stay there. Any tips on how I could get a job for Undergraduates? I am an experienced English Teacher, and also can be a Lounge or Bar singer. I can also do General Customer Service. Thank!

Any Filipino who is looking to rent a place. A regular Vietnamese houses, we have 2 rooms available in our compound. As part of the neighborhood, we prefer to have a Filipino neighbors only. This is around Thao Dien area, District 2.  Rent is 3.5mil or less. Do contact me for more info @ 0126 977 9847. Welcome to our Kababayan. 😊

Hi Everyone,

I will be moving in Ho Chi Minh early next year and I am looking for a job. Does anyone know any Companies hiring expats or anyone who can refer me? Please advise.

Thanks, hope to meet you guys soon :).

Desiree

To my kababayans here in Vietnam: Just curious. How easy is it to learn Vietnamese? How long before you were able to cope living in Vietnam? I just arrived here in HCM City early this year. I will be staying for a month. I may need to return here for another work-related visit later this year. I find it difficult to understand their language and has difficulty speaking them. It makes work difficult due to communication issues...

Hi...just like to join here.... how are you guys?  Im new here in Vietnam, like to seek help where i can find cheaper place to stay in hcmc... my work depends on the nearest bus station... i will appreciiate for your reply guys...

I study by google translate, talking with locals too like  hotel staff, vendors and taxi drivers... i get by usin their local bus so its kinda fun...

Hello po... ask ko lang po if you know cheap house or room to  live there  sa district 7... l would appreciate for your reply... god bless po...

Hi Mae, i am not from District 7... But few friends, are living in that side. There are cheap rooms, nearby Tan My Market, you can ask around. Just sAy Filipino rooms/houses..... Other nearby places also. You can share a room in a Vietnamese house. Or there are small rooms like Vietnamese style. Or, you can call or text  me sometime [moderated: for security reason pls avoid your personal contact]. Maybe i can guide you on weekend.

Wow thanks pipps! Ok ill keep this in mind....hope we re goin to meet all soon...

Hello kabayans,
If you want  to have Philippine Hilot  massage traditional therapeutic way, i am at your service... appointment is needed.... my fee is flat rate of 10usd... if you suffer from colds and cough thats where im good and specialized... but if  you have fever, sorry.  transportation fee is a plus charge depends where you are located.

@Mae Bermudez > please note that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum. You should register your business in the business directory. Thank you.

Hi guys,

I have been here in the south of Vietnam for more than two years now but I didn't stay in the city so, imagine my shock when I went to District 7 and found a lot of Filipinos. Anyways, just like everyone here, I hope to meet other Filipinos too, a get together or something. And I am currently looking for a place for a short stay while I am looking for a new job, somewhere near District 7, 1, and 3 if possible. I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance :) And by the way, if anyone knows a teaching job, maybe you could give me some hints where to go so I won't roam aimlessly in HCMC  :D Thanks again! God Bless Us All!

@Christine - noted...

hi mae, we are interested with hilot massage, we want to try it, we live in district 7 (PMH). if u r good we can recommend u to our friends.

Hi all,

I accepted some tutorial classes around District 7. I will be starting with few classes in the language center that I applied to, prob is I'm still testing the water out so I can't commit to a long stay meanwhile. Maybe something good for a month would do. Does anyone know of a place, that is around a hundred buck or so who's willing to accept a short stay in District 7 somewhere close to Phu My Hung area? Thanks in advance for the help. :)

hi i am juan jesus from puerto rico island , i find nice friends i hope you can  one ,, write me please let me know you

Hello to all my kababayans, 
Do you have a plan to meet this month? I would appreciate  for your reply,  thanks in advance.... it would be so nice if we will have a gathering.... ,

Hi Crstine how are you if you new in malta we can met for a cup of coffe ,just to make friends ok
let me know my  send to me you confirmation in my personal email and we can exchange our phone number ,cheers enjoyed your sunday ,bye for now.x

who live in D7, pham huu lao ?

I'm from d7 but in nguyen thi thap.

can we set mini gathering.?

Hi!i visited Vietnam last year and fell in love with it. I was just wondering what life is like in there as a Filipino?:)

Hi, anyone from Binh Thanh District? I'd like to meet some of my fellow kababayans. :)

I am American but I know a lot of Filipino people here, So let me know when you want to talk!

Hey you, how are you? Im Alex from Vietnam. Actually, sorry for bother you. I wanna go to travel in Filipino and finding some info abt that. I read your profile and know you have many friends in Filipino.

I wanna discovery Boracay, El Nido and Palawan island. Maybe you know this? I will go to alone so im finding a nice hostel (dorm), clean, safe. I will spend 2days stay there and then will move to some other islands. I don't know shall direct fly from Vietnam to Boracay or from Vietnam to Manila. I begin go in Sep 18th.

Could you give me some advice if you don't mind? Im looking forward from you.

Thanks you so much.

Alex.

Good day Alex,

Regarding your plan of visiting the Philippines- Welcome to our country.

If coming from Ho Chi Minh to Boracay you must take a flight from Ho Chi Minh to Manila then Manila to Caticlan Airport(Boracay). Boracay is an island around 12mins by boat from the Caticlan seaport.Generally, People in Caticlan are accomodating and hospitable.

Then if you are going to El nido Palawan you can go back to manila and take another flight to Puerto Prinsesa Airport in Palawan. Or if you want to visit some place before going to Palawan you can take a flight from Caticlan to Cebu City than Cebu City to Palawan. Since Philippiines is an Archipelago compose of around 7100 islands with 3 major islands traveling by land is more fun. Going from one island by boat or barge (a cargo ship used to transport vehicles from one island to the other ) is more exciting and adventurous, you will see a lot of places and meet a lot of people.

I am also planning of going back to Vietnam within this year.

If ever i am around while you are travelling here i can be your guide. Your guide  by phone for instant instruction how to get around and if possible i can guide you personally in some other place. I am also travelling around our country from time to time.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

For Alex,

For your Flight travel around the Philippines you can visit this website of our top two airlines.

philippineairlines.com and cebupacificair.com for schedule and fares.

Hello I am from Philippines but I'm here now in DO QUANG HCMC for three weeks already. I'm hoping to meet new fellows here. :-)  :-)

Hello kababayans, any cebuanas in district 2?

Hello,

I would like to ask for a favor if anyone will fly from HCMC to Manila before Sep 25.

To prepare for Mid Autumn Festival of Vietnamese children in Manila on coming Saturday, the Vietnamese student group there ordered 20 mid autumn festival cakes from HCMC. There was someone about to bring the cakes to Manila, but that person has to cancel the flight.

If anyone will fly there, please help to bring around 4-5kg of the cakes, we will pay for the extra kg you need to register with the airline.

Thanks!