Marriage in Morocco

Yes you can if u are muslim :) good luck

Thank you, is there any other advise you can give me on what we have to do as Her parents are not sure how to do all this, and are a little nervous I think.  :)

hi1973 wrote:

Thank you, is there any other advise you can give me on what we have to do as Her parents are not sure how to do all this, and are a little nervous I think.  :)

For goodness sake, listen to yourself! You are transforming a holiday romance/fling into a marriage.

Are you prepared to live in Morocco? As a second wife, you will find that it is impossible to get her to the UK:--

http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/family/oth … 00406.html

"The Immigration Rules state that a person should not be granted a UK spousal visa if their marriage to the UK sponsor is polygamous and there is another person living with the sponsor in the UK who is also their husband or wife. Therefore, a man married in the UK cannot obtain a spouse visa to bring a second wife into Britain."

Even if you get a divorce, the normal rules are as follows. If you don't earn more than £18,600 a year the UK authorities won't allow your wife in unless you have this sum and savings on top. She won't get in unless she passes an English test, even so. So, are you prepared for a long separation or to give it all up and live abroad?

PLEASE! Sit back and think about this. You are letting yourself in for a lot of misery and you have simply not thought this through.

In addition, just have a look at the failure rate of marriages between Moroccans and Europeans. It is phenomenally high, usually because as soon as the Moroccan has got indefinite leave to remain in Europe, they up and leave, taking half their partner's wealth with them as a divorce settlement. Type in "Moroccan marriage scam" or "fake marriages Moroccans" into Google and have a look at what you're letting yourself into.  And don't tell me "Oh, she LURVES me". Every single other one of the people who have been stung said exactly the same thing.

You say that you are a Muslim. You know nothing of Islam and its customs. That a family is letting their daughter marry a recent convert is significant in itself for being strange. That this family allowed their daughter to be alone with you and that "anything" might have happened shows that they are lacking normal societal mores and/or that their daughter already has a bad reputation and they want to get rid of her. Just the sort of Muslim woman you need to avoid as she would be desperate to do anything to get out of her situation.

Slow down! My advice is that you forget this ill-conceived idea as soon as you can. Stop it now before you get hurt both financially and emotionally.

hi1973 - Please don't tell me your user-name is an accurate reflection of your age, and that you're indeed born in 1973? As no offense, this post is the type I would expect from irresponsible teenagers, not grown up wise adults.

It sounds desperate, thoughtless, reckless, rushed, careless, and completely lacking wisdom and common sense.

My advice would be, re-read your post, and pretend it's someone else posting it. What would you advise them?

hi1973 wrote:

Why did you remove your post? Have you given up on the idea of marrying a Moroccan woman as a second wife after having converted to Islam to be able to do so, now that the pitfalls have been pointed out to you?  Have you come to your senses? I certainly hope so.

Please calm down here.

Hello everyone,

As hi1973 has removed his post and to avoid dispute, i prefer to close this topic.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

Closed