Issue about work permit in malta

Good day i have a questions regarding of work permits. My employer is processing my application fir work permit in malta. It is possible that the license employment unit  can issue me a work permit eventhough im a college undergraduate? Tia

If you have been studying in Mal more than 1 year you can work part-time under certain conditions. Part-time means up to 10 hours per week.

If you are studying English in Malta you will not be granted a work permit.

Your employer cannot 'process your application' for a work permit. Your employer has to apply for your work permit . The application will be processed by the ETC taking into consideration the EU regulations on work permits for TCN's.

ETC are strict on these points.

Cheers
Ricky

@rick thanks for your reply btw i will not study in malta and i havent been there ^^. My employer is now applying for my work permit in malta im just worried that they will not grant me a work permit since im an undergrad but i have a lot of experience for the position im applying.  Tia

Hi tia,

ok, being an undergraduate has nothing to do with getting a work permit in Malta or the EU.

What counts are your qualifications for the advertised job and that no other citizen from Malta or the EU is interested or better qualified than you. Salary could also be an issue.

Cheers
Ricky

Wow thanks for the information ricky. :)