Tapping the entertainment industry in Milan/Lombardy

I work in the states in entertainment,(music videos, PR, editorial, event coordination)
I am relocating to Lombardy and have been trying for the last 2-3 years
to connect online to employers and network with other professionals in music, fashion or media (TV/Radio/Film) markets, with very little feedback. Are there any particular websites to scout for work in these creative fields?
I have done the customary; looking online at companies in my field and contacting them directly to submit my CV
or network but apparently the avenues available to me in the States (linkedin, Indeed, or Craigslist) are bringing me no
real results. Where do I connect with professionals in the arts/media/publishing? What are good places to network.
My estimated move to Lombardy is 2015 Spring/Summer, I would much rather have a job first, and not end up outside of my field (at least not too far off) I have kids, and I am the breadwinner, not having a job first and permits/visas in place are terrifying prospects, I am also bringing my mother who is a senior as my dad recently passed away.
Here is a sample of work I do-
http://elcuervofilms.com/El_Cuervo_Films/shakira.html

You can network with me here-new friends in the music/tv/film/fashion industries are very welcomed!
www.linkedin.com/in/illuminata8/

Hello illuminata8

I suggest you to also create your cv in our section Entertainment job offers in Milan.

This might be helpful!

Regards
Kenjee

check with Internations Milan. There's a branch for music events and the coordinator has a band. Also, just networking with the Internations group (internations.org) in general might be valuable.

tom

Hello Sandy, I would like to know why you want to relocate to Lombardy first. This would be a good starting point.

I have lived in the Milano area for 2 years and travel back there often, it is one of the most expensive areas of Italy. Cheapest rent you could find is around 500 Euros for a studio in the suburbs. In the city center it would be more expensive, especially if you have kids and family you would need a bigger place. The positive is that public transportation works pretty well and can get you anywhere in the outskirts as far off as Varese and Como.

Personally, I would go to the UK or Germany to work in your field, Italy is a pretty closed community.

Let me know if I can help in any way,
Stacie   
[email protected]