Retiring to Ecuador - Wish to get testimonies

I am 62 years old and my wife is 55 years old. I have been a educator for 40 years and we both recently retired in June of this year. We have been looking at retiring abroad and I have been doing some research on various countries and Ecuador is a country that we have been reading very positive reviews about as a retirement destination.
We would very much like to heard from people who have visited or have already retired to Ecuador and what their experiences have been with living in Ecuador.

Bienvenido, Sr Iglooman:
Come down and see for yourself...have you traveled to SOuth America previously?  It is a very beautiful continent and fascinating part of the Western Hemisphere   -- so we  welcome you !   People write out of curiosity and the Net has many references in the past 5-10 years about Ecuador. 

A tip: most of us from the U.S. living here  will warn you NOT to get involved with INTERNATIONAL LIVING Their marketing efforts have fooled lots of folks and many have regretted their interaction with I-L. I have lived in the West, esp the PNW in the U.S. for 30 years, originally from Boston but read about Ecuador 6 years ago on the www.  I am a former teacher and psychologist, worked in the public sector in the U.S. successfully and live FT in QUito .   I encourage you to bring your shots up to date, buy a guidebook, start reading and take a trip to see for yourself!   I am living here for un poco menos 3 anos and it is a deeply gratifying and rewarding experience! 

Send a private message if you need more datos.  Buena suerte, Sue

Hello All  :cheers:

@Iglooman : Please note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Ecuador Forum to bring more interaction to your post.

Regards

Kenjee