Help me out by sharing your thoughts, please!!!

Hi guys,

I love to have your opinions on my project as below:

Im planning a project on building a website which goal is to bridge craftmen, designers, and importers/exporters. This idea comes from the situation is that the crafmen are lack of creative designs, designers dont have time/doers to make their works (which they are proud of) come true and the exporters/importers need artistic and practical products to sell to customers.

A designer can upload his works which are seen by exporters/importers, who will evaluate if their customers will like and buy the products based on that design. When they make decision, they approach designer or craftman and ask them to do it. As a result, the designer will get a percentage on the price of the product for their idea, the craftman gain their proportion of making products and the exporters/importers have their share of selling the product.

My questions are:

1. Do you think this idea work in term of attracting all participants (designers, crafmen, exporter/importers) all around the world?
2. If you are designers, do you concern about the patent of your works as it can be copied?

I welcome any thoughts of yours.

I dont know much about designers but I suspect that you will need to find a way to help them protect their intellectual property.

I also know, from experience, that getting people to buy in to a web site and post content is incredibly difficult. Have you thought about how you will do this and have you tested that those methods are going to work well enough to generate the engagement you need.

I wrote a book on this subject, so if you would like some personalised advice, then PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Two challenges:

(1) Guarantee of payment -Letters of Credit.

(2) VNese are not web oriented. By this I mean that if a Foreigner gets ripped, or wants to publicise a deal, they post on the InterNet.

VNese, however, are not so active - witness all the incomplete trade directories. They will need sourcing and spoon feeding inquiries.

Thanks for pointing out the challenges, Jaitch.
(1) By guarantee of payment, you meant the payment made by exporters/importers or craftmen to the designers?
(2) Very true. Therefore, I took this into account and find that members of the project have to involve in the process and help Vietnamese craftmen/designers to deal with Vietnamese/foreign ex-importers in term of language barrier, commercial contracts, content producing,etc.

UKGuyinSaigon,
Sure. I think about doing SEO/SEM and some online activities to draw target users' attentions. Love to hear your methods in details.
I think my email is on its way to your inbox. Check your inbox nha!

Its seem a little stupid question with website designers.  Sorry, but I must say like that,they are just basic things you must know when you work as  Website designers

Hi Rubytran7691,
Your opinion is also appreciated! Tks.

phanbamboo wrote:

Thanks for pointing out the challenges, Jaitch.
(1) By guarantee of payment, you meant the payment made by exporters/importers or craftmen to the designers?
(2) Very true. Therefore, I took this into account and find that members of the project have to involve in the process and help Vietnamese craftmen/designers to deal with Vietnamese/foreign ex-importers in term of language barrier, commercial contracts, content producing,etc.

(1) Any payment either way;
(2) Ever seen Pan Pages web site? And several others?

The Chinese firm Alibaba does much the same thing albeit absent the design portion. But anyone can place their products on their site . Might be hard to crack that nut as a startup.

I used to explore some websites with the same idea. They are so plentiful but limited for partners to believe in each other....