Need help to buy a Honda 67

Hi all,

I'm planning to buy a Honda 67 but i don't know anything about bikes So i'm looking for someone who can give me some advises ! I don't know if it's better (economically) to buy a bike already rebuilt or a bike that i will rebuilt by myself A lot of people recommended me to not buy those kind of bikes because they always have problems but if i rebuilt it entirely (or if it already done) there will be no problems right?

I hope that someone could help me !

Cheers

Have you talked to these folks?

https://www.facebook.com/TheHonda67Factory

I have no personal experience, but it looks like they do nice work, for not a lot of money.

Well. I know somehow about this to tell you. Honda 67 is a good bike but since the government forbade using and importing those bikes, most ODO of this bike in the market are over 20 000 km. If you are very lucky, you can find a bike which is under 5000km (If you werent cheated. It is easy to change ODO).

I don't know why there is a trend to use this bike again. I have known some people. They bought this bike from rural areas. 5 000 000 only and they spend about 20 000 to rebuilt this. If you decide you buy this bike and upgrade it, don't hesitate to contact me. I will give you some addresses then you can rebuilt it easier.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

I don't know why there is a trend to use this bike again..

It's because they're cool!   Same as classic Vespas or Lambrettas!  :D

DanFromSF wrote:

Have you talked to these folks?

https://www.facebook.com/TheHonda67Factory

I have no personal experience, but it looks like they do nice work, for not a lot of money.

Not yet Dan but i will, thanks

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Well. I know somehow about this to tell you. Honda 67 is a good bike but since the government forbade using and importing those bikes, most ODO of this bike in the market are over 20 000 km. If you are very lucky, you can find a bike which is under 5000km (If you werent cheated. It is easy to change ODO).

I don't know why there is a trend to use this bike again. I have known some people. They bought this bike from rural areas. 5 000 000 only and they spend about 20 000 to rebuilt this. If you decide you buy this bike and upgrade it, don't hesitate to contact me. I will give you some addresses then you can rebuilt it easier.

20 000 dollars you mean ?! I'm not ready to pay that much lol
I found a rebuilt honda for 12 000 000vnd but i wondered if i could pay less buy rebuilt it by myself lol
So would you recommend to buy those bikes? If they are forbade to be used, the police will call us each time they see us?

DanFromSF wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

I don't know why there is a trend to use this bike again..

It's because they're cool!   Same as classic Vespas or Lambrettas!  :D

Maybe this is sth like football i cant ever understand ..

I am sorry.. I meant 20 millions. I don't recommend you to buy this bike cos I have no experiences in driving it. Since it was so popular in any Vietnamese family, I guess it is a good bike or our parents didnt have any other choice. If I don't remember wrong, this bike is a Japanese bike.

I am not sure if it is still forbidden or not when people start using it again. My uncle took this bike out of storage some days ago. There was someone asked for the price immediately. To make sure, you should make a call to the Police Department to ask about it.

12m is also a good price. If you want to fix or change many parts, it is better to order from taobao. Most motorbike parts are imported from China. The price is usually higher 2-3 times .. even 10 times in Vietnam.

vinh946 wrote:
Dejavu.dot wrote:

20 000 dollars you mean ?! I'm not ready to pay that much lol
I found a rebuilt honda for 12 000 000vnd but i wondered if i could pay less buy rebuilt it by myself lol
So would you recommend to buy those bikes? If they are forbade to be used, the police will call us each time they see us?

vinh946 wrote:

Not yet Dan but i will, thanks

Cool.  Let us know what you find out.   I am also interested in these bikes.

Dejavu.dot wrote:

Maybe this is sth like football i cant ever understand ..

If by "football" you mean "soccer", I don't understand it either.   :joking: