Accommodation in Erbil

Hi!

I will be moving to Erbil to teach mid-August and I need to find an apartment. My budget is of around USD400 per month, so it would most likely be a shared flat. Does anyone know of places for rent or of resources to find about places for rent?

Many thanks!

Sarah

Hi Sarah and welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to post an ad in the Shared accommodation in Iraq section please, it may also help you.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi...sarah...wlc...in erbil...u can find apartmen in this price just contact with me at this mobile number...07508626033..

bakoor

I can help you if you want, please contact and email me...

Hey Sarah,

I might be moving to Erbil to teach as well, likely sometime in August if I accepted the job.

Please share your experience once you get there!

Good luck with your move and career. It would be funny if we ended up teaching at the same school!

One more point to be considered when renting an apartment, does it require any advance payments? Or security deposits? And how much are they usually?
I want to know as well so kindly help!

contact Hozan at: [email protected]
He is a real estate agent dealing mainly with expats he will help you.

Hi Sarah,

Just like you, i'll be in Erbil mid august and i'm currently looking to share an appartment. If it suits you, feel free to join me as we can meet in Erbil and share informations about.
Best,
Alexander
[email protected]

Keep in mind that Erbil is nice, safe and quiet but also quite conservative. You need several approvals to rent an apartment (Municipality, police, secret police) and generally is not allowed sharing between non related (married or family) men and women. Perhaps in the Christian area of Ankawa but even there not sure.

Hi,
This is a really important fact to be aware of. Thanks a lot for that. I'll hope to have the good profile, ... Let's check this out once i'll be there.
Best,

Closed