Is a minor allowed to work on a non-immigrant O visa?

Hi, Im a minor living in chiang mai, thailand on a non immigrant O visa, my mom is a teacher in a school, so my visa is dependent on her. Im taking a gap year from school since I've graduated and I'd like to work at a restaurant as a waiter, is that allowed under my visa? And if not how likely would it be that I'd get caught?

I afraid, that illegal in Thailand.

It is illegal? But my father works on his own business with a dependent visa on my mom too. He doesn't have a work permit, is there any way for me to work on the dependent visa?

A foreigner to work in Thailand MUST have word permit  and your father doing business, I am not sure.. if he is running registered business or some trading deals

I see. Would it be very risky to work without a work permit in chiang mai? How strict are the police? Because I dont want to do nothing for a year, it'd be good if I could earn money. But if its really risky and strict I wont.

usmanw786 wrote:

I see. Would it be very risky to work without a work permit in chiang mai? How strict are the police? Because I dont want to do nothing for a year, it'd be good if I could earn money. But if its really risky and strict I wont.

As iohii said its illegal so forget the idea.

I suggest you have a chat with your parents about your plans. Because If you get caught working illegally it could well effect your Mum's visa status here since you are her dependent!

Don't want to do nothing for a year?

Go back to school, learn something new, plenty of courses available in CM.

Okay, I wont do it, thanks for your help guys :). So I assume its not possible for a minor to get a work permit?