Recommendations please!

Good morning all!
Due to relocate and flight being arranged for 30 August.
I have a quote from a pet relocation company and wondered if there was anybody here that has relocated from UK to Bahrain with a dog and if they had any recommendations?

I've been provided with a few USA companies but am concerned about the time difference and the potential delays that could take.

Rufus has his pet passport already.

Appreciate if anybody could share as it all seems very daunting! Do I bite the bullet and pay top 💲 for him to be moved completely by a company or is it easier than it looks??

Thanks to all

Michelle

So are you coming from the US or from UK.

There is a post on here about pet relocations but your best bet is to get in touch with Tim from Delmon Relocation here.  He is fantastic and will let you know exactly what you need to do and also recommend company's in the US/UK to do everything that side if you decide to go that way.

It is more expensive to do it through a company but we found it far less stressful.  Our Choc Lab was picked up from our home in the UK, looked after for a couple of weeks while we settled here, then taken to the airport popped on a flight and then Tim did his magic at this end.  From landing, she was in our house in less than 2 hours, happy, healthy and as happy to see us as we were her :)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=254363

If it's the UK you are coming from, here is the link that Josnuggles wrote.  My vet did all the initial paperwork and then my UK company did the rest as we were already in Bahrain.

Brilliant!

I'm coming from uk and had already been in touch with Tim from Delmon but initially thought I would prefer a company that did the whole thing!

I'll contact both tims on Monday...thank you all 😊

It's so much better to go with recommendations!

X