Need advice from healthcare professionals working in Beijing

I'm a new grad from New Zealand with an Optometry degree. I'm moving to Beijing soon, with my husband who is a chinese. I'd really like to find a job in China that is related to my degree, but it seems like there is no such profession in China, but only very low paid 'optician' who does not even need a bachelor degree. Does this mean my only other option is to teach English in China? And as I have only graduated this year, I do not have any full time work exp after graduation, therefore very difficult to apply for a z visa in china, is it possible to work on a q1 visa?
I'm so lost, thanks so much for any advice!!!

Tracy

Tracy I think that your best job prospective is to contact the various Western Medical facilities in Beijing and see if any of them are in need of a person with your skills.

Off the top of my head, and in no particular order, try:  Beijing United Family Hospital, Oasis, SOS, Puhua, Bailey & Jackson, International Medical Centre (maybe Center), GlobalCare, Vista

Re Visa - you can only legally work in China with a Z visa

Good advice, Manlin! Most medical centers that care for expats are very motivated to hire foreigners. You might wait until you find an apartment and then see what facilities are near your home. They will probably be willing to do what it takes to have you work in their clinic. Wages for local medical staff are extremely low. Expats do earn a higher wage, but it's still usually less than you would earn abroad.

True but

If you get a job once you are in China you wiil be a foreign local hire, if you get one from outside you might get a nice Expat package of benefits.