Salary Advise ..Plzz

Dear All,

The question keep on lingering and the more i read about other people earmings, the more i felt that the burgoen of knowing that am i earning enough? The company had given their best proposal that my earning to be 20kQR per month as gross salary without accomodations, will it be enough to sustain comfortable living in Doha as a single man. From the glance browse, i found that teachers are paid more than an engineer. Wow, that is superb. Hence, I am kind of confused, according to my Head Hunter, the salary is fine and am able to save a lot.  :(:/

Can someone enlighten me,

My apologies for alarming you.  I had stated yesterday, to a young lady that is potentially moving to Doha as a school teacher, the following example;

If your pay was $34,000/yr. and you added your Doha employee benefits (as stated; accomodation, transport, utilities), your total compensation would be about $50,000 US.  If that is the minimum it would take to be comfortable in the US (and no one knows what each other's 'Living' comfort level is), it is quite likely that you will need even more in Doha. 

Doha seems to be as expensive as living in Los Angeles, San Diego, Jersey, Boston, etc.  Less than living in San Francisco / Bat Area or New York City.

I am OCD when it comes to financial planning / investigation.  This is what my research has provided, for a moderately comfortable level of Western Living.  I am NOT currently a Doha resident. 

Again, sorry for any alarm or confusion.

You will be ok with 20K QR. Could save between 5 to 10k QR depending on where you want to stay.

Rent is expensive but if you share an apartment with other people that will help lower it. Apart from that everything is very cheap except alcohol.

I am a single guy on 25K and roughly have around 10-15k at the end month.