Several types of insurance

Hello all,

I'm a Belgian guy who's married to a Jordanian lady and we live in both countries from time to time.
Having just witnessed some horrible traffic accident here in Amman and how the local regulations went along with it, I started to get a bit more worried... .

In Belgium we have several types of insurance, which I wonder if I can get something similar here too.

- Fire insurance - If by a disaster out of your own control (water flooding, nature disaster, bombing, ..) your house gets severe damages - or is completely destroyed, you can get it repaired/rebuilt using this insurance.
This one in particular I'm really wondering about too... It seems people don't take this. And I wonder if I would for my appartment, what would happen if the entire building would be ruined. Since all others don't have it, I doubt I'd ever see my appartment back :\

- Theft - Speaks for itself... if your house is robbed, a specific pre-determined and insured amount is covered and will be returned to you.

- Family protection - If anyone in your family undeliberately causes damage(s) to another one's family, the insurance will come in between and pay. Think of using someones laptop and dropping it. Think of your dog crossing the street causing an accident, ... etc.

- Medical insurance - If you visit a doctor, nearly all of it is payed by the insurance. Same for the stuff you get at a pharmacy.

- Hospitalisation insurance - If you need to be hospitalized - which can get very expensive - the insurance company pays for your stay.

Note that I do not have any official "expat" status or whatever. I'm always here just as a tourist I guess. Which makes me go and have to renew my visa every 30 days :(

Also, when I arranged all papers for my wife's visa to come to Belgium, I had to arrange all the above insurances for her as well so that when she comes she's covered. The visa request papers required proof of that being done.

Which kinds of insurance are available of the above and which ones you took?
Any other random pointers related to the above are welcome too :-)

Thanks,

Cedric

PS: Ramadan Kareem ;)

Hello

My name is Amira , working as operation manager in gras savoye insurance brokers co , it is an international chain ( french) one working in many countries , me and my husband are working in the branch of jordan and staying in Amman
But holding the business of jordan and sudan .
[moderated: avoid free advertise on the forum pls + register yourself in the business directory]

Thank u
Amira