Summer school/Skola Sajf/Klabb 3-16 cancelled for a week

Summer schools starting tomorrow will be cancelled for at least a week, a statement by the ministry was just announced.

Due to the demand of 10,000 children using the new service, inadequate staffing have led to teachers striking.

English version here (just click not spam)

I did receive sms about the same time you made this post and I must say that I'm extremely disappointed with the way they are doing this

I won't have too much problems with 7 week's delay, but what about family where both parents are working and were counting on fact that child is taken care of today and now they need to take day off?

how professional it is to tell the people on sunday evening at 21:30 that you postponed something starting on monday morning???
like they didn't know that on friday when there were meetings with parents and teachers about summer school

very bad organization  :o

It is very bad but I can see how it got to this....

1.) I have a friend that as she is unemployed, was offered a course/diploma in childcare nearly 18 months ago, which made sense and I thought the government was utilizing a good thing, knowing the increase demand for childcare....Only she hasn't even started it yet!!!

2.) There is, for some reason, some bizarre politics between the FES and the government (teacher side I think.) I have no idea what but the 2 essentially government departments just don't get on? (from what I have heard.)

3.) Because of this, and what I believe to be a typical trait, is the attitude that it is someone else's responsibility.

4.) and again, typical of here and because of the above factors, introducing a very good scheme for all ages and for such an amazing price was going to entice the 10,000 children that will attend and yet, that's as far as it seems to go, hence the organisation downfall...it's like they didn't see it coming!!

You were lucky to get a text, I know a few that didn't and I certainly didn't.

It will be interesting to see how they are going to find the staff by next week!!

I don't see how could they get enough teachers in 7 days, unless they offer them better terms (read: money :) )

will be interesting to see will they give one extra week in the end, or offer some compensation for 1 week less (ofc they won't)

Duxx wrote:

will be interesting to see will they give one extra week in the end, or offer some compensation for 1 week less (ofc they won't)

:lol:  as if!!